There’s a lot to learn about Saint Mary’s from our site, but if you’re looking for the stats and the numbers— class sizes, student profile, location, and all the other basics— this is the place.
- Academic majors: 40
- Undergraduate schools: 3, including Liberal Arts, Science and Economics and Business Administration
- Undergraduate degrees: Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science
- Graduate degrees: Master of Arts, Master of Arts in Leadership, Master of Education, Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing, Master of Business Administration, Executive Master of Business Administration, and Doctorate in Educational Leadership
- Student-faculty ratio: 13:1
- Average class size: 19
- Academic calendar: 4-1-4, two four-month terms and one four-week January Term.
- Number of full-time faculty: 211
- Percentage of full-time faculty with doctorates: 95%
- Number of undergraduates: 2,778, including 581 freshmen
- Number of adult and graduate students: 1,331
- Gender distribution of fall 2014 freshmen:
- Ethnic diversity of fall 2014 freshmen
Native American: .6%
Other/not reported: 5.5%
- Geographic diversity of fall 2014 freshmen
Northern California: 69.8%
Southern California: 10.3%
Out of state: 16.5%
- Percent of undergraduates living on campus:
Freshmen & upperclassmen: 55%
- Division I teams: 17
- Club sports teams: 13
- Conference affiliation: West Coast Conference
- Mascot: The Gael
- Saint Mary’s is located in Moraga, 20 miles east of San Francisco.
- The 420-acre campus enjoys a moderate climate which permits yearlong outdoor recreation. Moraga has approximately 16,771 residents, hiking-biking trails, several parks and two shopping centers.
- The Saint Mary's College Museum of Art is the only accredited art museum in Contra Costa County, and features work from widely acclaimed artists and collections.
- The Creative Writing Reading Series features guest authors and poets.
- The Performing Arts Department presents student productions in theatre, music and dance.
- River of Words provides art and poetry programs and curricula for k-12 students and teachers.
FACTS & FIGURES
- Tuition and fees: $42,780
- Room and board: $14,490
- Percentage of full-time undergraduates receiving financial aid: 86%
- Percentage of freshmen receiving financial aid: 75%
- Average undergraduate financial aid package: $31,995
- 2015-16 operating budget: $128,724,000
- Endowment: $172.7M (as of June 30, 2015)
- Address: 1928 St. Mary’s Road, Moraga, California, 94575
- Website: stmarys-ca.edu
- Phone: (925) 631-4000
- Admissions: (925) 631-4224 or (800) 800-4762
- College Communications: (925) 631-4278