Graduate Business Alumni Council Member Roles & Responsibilities
The Graduate Business Alumni Council is an entity comprised of dedicated, passionate representatives of the Saint Mary’s College Graduate business alumni community who are interested in investing their personal time to propel and unite the Saint Mary’s alumni in the form of Network, Learn, and Serve events. Recognizing that programming interests vary across the San Francisco Bay Area, the alumni council organizes events in four local regions: East Bay, South Bay, San Francisco and Sacramento.
The expectations of a Graduate Business Alumni Council Member are as follows:
- One year commitment: calendar year 2014
- Must attend a minimum of one council meeting (in-person or phone-in). Council meetings are held once every two months on campus.
- Must attend at least two Network, Learn, or Serve events in the calendar year.
- Must "co-host" an event in one of the following areas (Note: These segments are managed by the alumni/marketing staff and faculty liaison. Co-hosting means reccruiting attendees for and attending the selected event):
“Recruiting” is defined in various ways: (1) recruiting of new students by attending information sessions, being available to consult with prospective students about the program; participating in focus groups for marketing and recruitment feedback; (2) recruiting of new alumni council members by communicating with class reps, making visits to classes to educate current students on the council, recruiting new graduates to join the council.
Participate in the planning and promotion of networking events in your region such as mixers, reunions, picnics, etc.
Participate in the planning and promotion of learn events in your region such as panel discussions, executive speaker series, lunch-n-learn webinars, keynote speakers, etc. This is an exciting year for the School of Economics and Business Administration, as we prepare to publicly launch our “Think Globally. Lead Responsibly.” Campaign. Members of this committee will be asked to keep the global and responsible perspectives in mind when planning Learn events.
Participate in the planning and promotion of serve events in your region with entities such as food banks, Habitat for Humanity, etc.
In addition to meeting and collaborating closely with new alumni contacts, other benefits of becoming a Graduate Business Alumni Council member include:
- Receive a Saint Mary’s Graduate Business Alumni Council Member Certificate
- Opportunity to connect with the SEBA Dean’s Advisory Board
- Invitation to a VIP Breakfast with the Dean and Associate Dean of SEBA
- Invitation to annual alumni council holiday party
Interested in joining the Graduate Business Alumni Council? Click here to apply.