Upon successfully completing the Anthropology Program, students will be able to...
- Appreciate the great diversity of human cultures and the interrelatedness of economic, socio-political and religious systems;
- Approach cultural diversity with thoughtfulness and sensitivity;
- Examine their own lives in social and cultural context and assess how their lives are affected by the specific time and place in which they live;
- Understand anthropological theory and methods and how they are applicable in and beyond academia;
- Employ critical reading, thinking, and writing skills that will allow them to understand and contribute to an increasingly complex, multicultural, and interdependent world; and
- Express themselves with confidence and clarity in both written and oral communication. This includes an understanding of the difference between primary and secondary sources and how to properly cite and reference those sources.