Upon successfully completing the program of study with an art practice emphasis, students should be able to...
- Mount a cohesive exhibition of their artwork and produce a comprehensive thesis document discussing the ideas, techniques, and influences in their artwork;
- Demonstrate an understanding of and facility for the use and application of several different media, especially that of their preferred medium;
- Articulate their artwork’s content and intention and visually manifest those ideas;
- Develop an ability for objective self-critique and demonstrate an understanding of their place within a larger art historical context;
- Evaluate clearly different forms of art by other artists through research and conceptualization of core art and critical sources and through class writings and discussions; and
- Demonstrate a foundational knowledge of contemporary and historic artists, particularly those working in their preferred medium.