Below are resources for faculty as they take evaluation and assessment approaches to improving their courses, programs, departments, and schools.
Student Learning Assessment
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA). NILOA's assessment resources page can be found here. Discipline-specific resources can be found here.
- North Carolina State University's meta-list of assessment-related links.
- The Association of American Colleges and Universities' assessment resources page.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education regularly publishes articles on assessment and accreditation, as does Inside Higher Ed.
- Accessible publications that cover the latest developments in higher education assessment include Assessment Update and Research & Practice in Assessment.
- Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis hosts the nation's oldest and largest assessment conference, the Assessment Institute. The Western Association of Schools and Colleges also hosts an annual conference, the Academic Resource Conference. A complete list of national and regional assessment conferences can be found here.
- Searchable archives of the Assessment in Higher Education listserv.
- Assessment Quickies from California State University, Long Beach.
- Resources for teaching and learning from opened practices, a site for open/community-source tools.
- Association for American Colleges and Universities' VALUE rubrics:
- Professional associations involved in higher education assessment include:
- American Evaluation Association (AEA). AEA's resources page can be found here. Information about AEA's annual conference can be found here.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's list of evaluation resources.
- For sample evaluations, see the U.S. Government Accountability Office's program evaluation page.
- The Evaluation Center at Western Michigan University maintains a handy set of evaluation checklists.
- Searchable archives of the American Evaluation Association listserv.
- Publications that cover the latest developments in evaluation include American Journal of Evaluation, New Directions for Evaluation, and Practical Assessment, Research & Evaluation.