A unique degree completion program for working adults.
Our degree completion program offers:
- peer learning groups
- flexible online learning
- periodic in-person meetings on campus on Saturdays
- credit for college-comparable experiential learning
- 24-month program completion
- guaranteed course availability over 24 months of program
- accelerated program format
- financial aid is available
Among the qualities that make the B.A. in Leadership & Organizational Studies program distinctive are its emphasis on critical thinking, ethical decision-making and a collaborative, service-oriented approach to leadership, and its integration of adult learners’ prior and current experience in leadership with the curriculum.
"Leaders do not elicit trust unless one has confidence in their values and competence (including judgment) and unless they have a sustaining spirit ...that will support the tenacious pursuit of a goal." — Robert Greenleaf
Leadership is an interdisciplinary field that draws heavily from the social sciences and has wide application in workplace, community, and global contexts. Although the styles and types of leadership may vary greatly depending on the context and the personality, certain capacities are needed for exercising leadership in any organizational setting:
- self- knowledge and the ability to learn from experience through reflection and critical thinking;
- clarity about their own values, and an ability to communicate them to others;
- superior listening skills and a sensitivity to others;
- an understanding of organizational dynamics, and the ability to work effectively with teams;
- a capacity for ethical thinking;
- an ability to work in complex organizational settings;
- adaptability in a changing environment; and
- willingness to act on behalf of their commitments and an ability to motivate and empower others to do the same.