- Demonstrate a solid knowledge in all three major areas of biology: molecular and cellular, organismal and ecology and evolutionary;
- Analyze logically and critically scientific information;
- Apply knowledge they have already mastered from current and previous courses to the exploration of new areas of inquiry;
- Communicate skillfully through written and oral reports;
- Use biological methodology competently for laboratory research; and
- Integrate an awareness of ethical issues with their understand of and work in biology.
By majoring in biology, students will fulfill many learning outcomes that can be arranged under six broad categories: