By majoring in biology, students will fulfill many learning outcomes that can be arranged under six broad categories:
- Demonstrate a solid knowledge in all three major areas of biology: molecular and cellular, organismal and ecology and evolutionary;
- Analyze logically and critically scientific information;
- Apply knowledge they have already mastered from current and previous courses to the exploration of new areas of inquiry;
- Communicate skillfully through written and oral reports;
- Use biological methodology competently for laboratory research; and
- Integrate an awareness of ethical issues with their understand of and work in biology.