Each year CILSA recognizes the great work of faculty, staff, students, and community partners who are committed to service and social justice. You are invited to nominate an outstanding student, instructor, staff member, and community partner with a simple e-mail or letter to Marshall Welch that addresses the criteria provided below
These individuals will be recognized at a formal dinner and award presentation in February, 2013. (NOMINATION DEADLINE: January 11, 2013)
The CILSA COMMUNITY PARTNER Award Criteria – To be awarded to any staff member at any level of a community agency and on behalf of that organization who demonstrates...
- Commitment to student learning while meeting the mission of their organization.
- Educate and mentor colleagues to promote and foster partnerships with SMC.
- Evidence of sustained partnerships with SMC.
- Ability to articulate and model their personal passion & dedication to social action through word and deed.
The CILSA Engaged FACULTY Award Criteria – To be awarded to any adjunct, lecturer, or tenure-track faculty member who demonstrates….
- Continued commitment to engaged pedagogy.
- Campus leadership/citizenship
- Integrating engaged pedagogy with research/scholarship
- Nurturing community and campus partnerships
- Personal and professional transformation.
- Impact on students’ academic and personal lives
- Mentoring and serving as a role model to colleagues
The CILSA STUDENT Leadership Award Criteria – To be awarded to any Junior or Senior with a GPA of 3.0 or above who demonstrates...
- Consistent years of service and work in social justice before & during college.
- Leadership roles and skills in CILSA
- Participation in curricular and/or co-curricular activities related to service and social justice
- Campus leadership and citizenship
- Personal transformation
The CILSA Engaged Saint Mary’s College STAFF Award Criteria – To be awarded to any staff member within the Saint Mary’s community who demonstrates…
- Sustained direct or indirect community service or social justice education on or off campus that is not associated with their role and responsibility at Saint Mary’s College
- The Lasallian principle of Concern for the Poor and Social Justice
Past recipients include:
Student - Miranda Herrera, Andrew Aguilar
Instructor - Steve Bachofer, Shawny Anderson
Staff member - Matt Carroll of Sodexo, Sharon Sobotta of the Women's Resource Center
Community Partner - Solomon Belette of Catholic Charities of East Bay and Doug Biggs of Alameda Point Collaborative.