The goal of the Archives is to document the history of Saint Mary’s College and the people who are part of that history.
We collect the personal and professional records of faculty: the documentation of accomplishments in teaching, research, administration, and outside professional activities that reveal the history of the College.
What we collect
We seek documents of many types and in all formats, e.g.:
- teaching materials – problem sets, syllabi, lecture notes, sample exams
- research materials – lab notebooks, field notes, drafts, grant proposals, correspondence with colleagues and granting agencies
- consulting materials
- correspondences reflecting work with professional organizations
The Archives generally does not collect:
- publications by people other than yourself as the author
- proprietary materials from other institutions
- detailed financial records
Services to the Faculty
Archives staff can help you manage and preserve the information in your files. We can:
- work with you to identify records no longer used actively in your office or laboratory and which may be suitable for transfer to the Archives