The Greek Thought seminar encompasses readings from Homer to Aristotle and covers a period from 750-322 B.C.
The first of four seminars taken by the Saint Mary's student, Greek Thought is required of all first-semester freshmen.
- Homer, The Odyssey
- Sappho, selections
- Aeschylus, The Oresteia
- Sophocles, The Complete Greek Tragedies
- Thucydides, selections from History of the Peloponnesian War
- Aristophanes, Lysistrata
- Mo Tzu, selections
- Plato, Five Dialogues: Euthyphro, Apology, Crito, Meno, Phaedo
- Plato, Symposium
- Euclid, selections from The Elements
- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics