To register for your Senior Capstone Project (COMM 196), you must submit a proposal to the course instructor. Use the Capstone Project Proposal Guide to prepare it.
The Senior Capstone course is one of the most exciting (and daunting!) experiences in the Department. This course allows you to make an original contribution to the scholarship in the field of Communication Studies, based on the combination of all of your courses, readings, and discussions during your time as a Communication major.
Because of the importance of this course, the Department requires that you follow a specific procedure to prepare for your Capstone Experience in your final year of study. In the semester before you intend to register for your Senior Capstone, be sure to follow these steps to secure a space in a course:
1) Review the Capstone Project Proposal Guide (click link for the recommended content) and prepare a project proposal that addresses all of the areas the guide suggests.
2) Submit the proposal to one of the instructors teaching Capstone during that semester.
3) Wait to hear that the instructor has room for you to join the course.
4) Secure the signature of the instructor (click link for course permission form) prior to the week you register for courses.
5) Register for all of your regular courses online, but register for Senior Capstone in person at the Office of the Registrar. Be sure that you have the instructor's signature when you go to register (see link in step #4).
6) You may not register without an instructor's signature and you may not receive a signature without a completed proposal.