"The Kalmanovitz School of Education at SMC is exactly what you need in a professional graduate school: a balance between theory, research, and actual on-the-ground, day-to-day practical experience..."
"...The instructors are practicing administrators with extensive experience and tremendous backgrounds, which gives a great deal of credibility and coherence to the programs. Overall - an excellent experience with lots of intellectual interchange."
- Abe Doctolero, Tier I Administrative Credential & Master's of Educational Administration Program Graduate; Asst. Superintendent, Pittsburg Unified School District
When all of the following courses are completed with a satisfactory grade you'll be eligible for recommendation by the faculty for a Master of Arts degree in Educational Administration. The Master of Arts in Educational Administration is normally a 1 to 1.5 year program.
- Successful completion of (24) units of study in the Tier I Preliminary Administrative Credential Program
- Passing the Writing Proficiency Exam (WPE) is required for unconditional acceptance to this graduate degree program. Students are advised to pass the WPE before they take EDAD 572.
- EDAD 572 - Research Seminar, 3 units
- EDAD 520 - Special Studies Seminar, 1 unit
- EDAD 582 - Literature Review and Proposal Writing, 3 units
- EDAD 592 - Thesis or Synthesis Project, 3 units