A minor in English can strengthen your reading and writing skills to aid you in your academic or career goals.
The minor in English requires the following courses:
- English 19: Intro to Literary Analysis
- English 29: Issues in Literary Study
- English 175: Shakespeare; and three upper division English electives.
Creative Writing Minor
The Creative Writing Minor is designed for students who wish to explore their creative potential as writers. The Creative Writing Minor is also excellent preparation for students who wish to gain a greater appreciation of the art of writing, who wish to pursue a career in writing or journalism, or who simply wish to develop their academic or business writing skills by applying the techniques offered in creative writing classes.
Requirements (total 5.5 courses)
- English 19: Introduction to Literary Analysis
Three Courses from the following:
- English 100: Advanced Composition
- English 102: Creative Writing Workshop (in Fiction, Poetry, Creative Non-Fiction, Drama or Screenwriting)
- English 26: The Creative Writing Reading Series (.25 units)
Must be taken at least twice for credit.