A minor in English can strengthen your reading and writing skills to aid you in your academic or career goals.
The minor in English requires English 19, 29, and 175; and three upper division English electives.
Creative Writing Minor
The Creative Writing Minor is designed for students who wish to explore their creative potential as writers. The Creative Writing Minor is an excellent place for students who wish to gain a greater appreciation of the art of writing, to pursue a career in writing or journalism, or simply to develop their academic or business writing skills by applying the techniques offered in creative writing classes.
Requirements (total 5.5 courses)
- English 19: Introduction to Literary Analysis
- English 25: Introduction to Creative Writing (multi-genre)
Three Courses from the following:
- English 100: Advanced Composition
- English 102: Creative Writing Workshop (in Fiction, Poetry, Creative Non-Fiction, Drama or Screenwriting)
- English 26: The Creative Writing Reading Series (.25 units)
Must be taken at least twice for credit.