Meet the supporting faculty members within the Environmental and Earth Science Department.
- MFA Fiction, Creative Writing , Saint Mary's College of California, June 2006
- B.A. English, Creative Writing Specialization, University of California, Los Angeles , June 1998
- Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz Scholarship for Excellence in Fiction - Saint Mary's College of California
- Retreat for Writers - Hawthornden Castle in Scotland (June 2013)
- MacDowell Colony Fellowship - The MacDowell Colony (January 2013)
- Jacob K. Javits Fellowship - U.S. Department of Education (2005)
- Gift of Freedom - A Room of Her Own Foundation (2009)
- Best of the Net Fiction Prize - Sundress Publications (December 2011)
Short story "Like Fish to Ginger" published and nominated by UC Riverside's Coachella Review.
- “Identity as Performance in the Post-Colonial Bildungsroman”. Meneses, Rashaan (paper)
The International Conference Youth in/and Literature
Organized by the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, the Universidad NOVA de Lisboa in Lisbon, Portugal.
- “Then the World Widened: Daring Creative Writing Students to be Cartographers of the Global Imagination”. Meneses, Rashaan (paper)
7th Global Conference Diasporas: Exploring Critical Issues
organized by Interdisciplinary.net, Mansfield College, Oxford, UK.
- Writing Our Way Home: Shaping Tradition, History and Culture. Meneses, Rashaan, Igloria, Luisa A, Pineda, Jon and Tenorio, Lysley (panel or forum chair, moderator, or leader)
Filipino American International Book Festival (Filbookfest 2) Likhâ ng Lahi.
(October 19, 2013)
- “A Passion for Service to the Public: Generation X & Y Out Front” at Saint Mary’s College of California. Meneses, Rashaan, Cohen , Malia, Martinez, Laura, Myres, Jahmese, Phillips, Felicia and Yamaguchi, Jeremy (panel or forum chair, moderator, or leader)
Liberal & Civic Studies Panel
(March 04, 2013)
- Babylon Salon Spring 2013 Reading. Meneses, Rashaan, Bisson, Terry, Ansary, Tamim and Durbin, Kate (reading)
(March 02, 2013)
- “Political Narratives in Colonial Amnesia: Filipino/American Landscapes”. Meneses, Rashaan (talk, speech or lecture)
Political Content & Engagement Writing Workshops at Mills College
(November 18, 2012)
- We're All Others Now: Revisiting Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness in the Age of Post-post-colonialism. Meneses, Rashaan (talk, speech or lecture, paper)
18th Annual ACTC Conference
(March 31, 2012)
- Engaging First Generation Students with Jean Jacques Rousseau's "Discourse on Inequality". Meneses, Rashaan (talk, speech or lecture, paper)
17th Annual ACTC Conference
- Blurred into the Landscape: Writing the Lives of Invisible Los Angeles.
City University of New York's English Students Association, Graduate Student Conference on Literature and the City
(March 24, 2006)
- Meneses, Rashaan. ""The Others Are Strangers"." New Letters 80.2 (2014): 12
- Meneses, Rashaan. "Barbie's Gotta Work." Doveglion Press , Eds. and Reyes, Barbara Jane and Bermeo , Oscar, March 2012
- Guevarra, Dr. Rudy . Becoming Mexipino: Multiethnic Identities and Communities in San Diego . New Jersey: Rutgers University Press , 2012.
- Meneses, Rashaan. ""With Hummingbird in Hand"." Kurungabaa 4.1 (2012): 76-82
- Meneses, Rashaan. "Like Fish to Ginger." Coachella Review, Iss. Fall 2010. University of California, Riverside, 2010
- Meneses, Rashaan. ""Here in the States"." Growing Up Filipino II: More Stories for Young Adults. Ed. Brainard, Cecilia M. Los Angeles : Philippine American Literary House, 2009. 15
- "Son Jalisciense." Pembroke Magazine, Vol. 40, Ed. Wendorff, Liliana. University of North Carolina at Pembroke, 2008