CILSA supports Social Justice, Service-Learning and Community-Based Research courses.
Technical Assistance---Creating New Courses
Consultation and support in developing, implementing, and assessing Service-Learning, Community-Based Research (CBR) and Social Justice courses. CILSA staff can help faculty consider:
- Learning objectives that connect to common good & community engagement
- Potential partnerships with individuals & organizations
- Pedagogical strategies for promoting critical reflection & enhancing learning
Initial identification of potential partners and assistance with establishing mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Connections to over 60 existing partner organizations
- Staff members who can help find the right individual or organization to work with students in any course
CILSA student leaders called Engaged Learning Facilitators support faculty, students and community partners in engaged courses. Engaged Learning Facilitators can:
- Coordinate in-class and on-site orientations
- Support students in preparing for service (transportation considerations, TB tests, background checks, etc.)
- Serve as liaisons that connect students, community partners, and faculty
- Provide resources about and guide student reflection