The Black Alumni Chapter strives to develop programs and activities that stimulate the participation of black graduates.
Welcome to the Saint Mary's College of California Black Alumni Chapter.
The Black Alumni Chapter's "Vision, Mission and Values" guides our path as follows:
To make the SMC Experience accessible to all people of African American heritage and help ensure their success.
The Saint Mary’s College Black Alumni Chapter exists to create a supportive, progressive and integrated community, by providing resources to support the advancement of the existing alumni and students.
The primary focus of the group is to support African American undergraduate and graduate students, alumni, faculty, staff, and administration. The Black Alumni Chapter will achieve this objective through the following:
- Focus on the Recruitment, Retention, Outreach, Scholarship, Mentorship, and Networking of black alumni and students.
- Promote awareness of African American history and legacy.
- Advance the wisdom and knowledge gained through the Black Student Union and the Black Alumni Chapter.
- Connect with the community and students through social responsibility and education.
- Create annual and endowed funds for financial support of scholarships, programs, and historical projects.
S. Jamila Buckner ’88, MS — Chairperson
Rushell Gordon ’96 — Vice-Chairperson
Gail Garrett ’02 — Secretary
Tamika Workmon ’99, MBA, CRPC— Treasurer
Frank Knight ’99 — Historian
For ways to get involved, please contact Chairperson S. Jamila Buckner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information regarding the BAC Annual Scholarship Fund, please contact Jeanne Gilpatrick at (925) 631-8008 or email@example.com.
Highlights / Accomplishments
Read highlights / accomplishments from the year!