Conference Services offers invaluable job experience to undergraduate students as a Summer Guest Host. In addition, ACUHO-i paid internship positions are also available to graduate and undergraduate students who show outstanding quality.
Each summer, Conference Services employs 8-9 hardworking Student Guest Hosts. The position lasts from late-May to mid-August. We are looking for students who have a professional attitude, independence, and good decision making skills. Student Guest Hosts perform a wide variety of tasks that all require a strong ability to work well in a team. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and distribute keys and linens during guest check-in.
- Collect and inventory keys and linens after a guest checks-out.
- Submit work-orders after damage inspection of guest rooms and buildings.
- Maintain and organize the office, linen rooms, and storage bin.
- Ability to provide helpful information and answer guest’s questions in person, over the phone, and through E-mail.
While these tasks are a large part of a Summer Guest Host’s job, each day is different and tasks vary greatly. Therefore, a Summer Guest Host gains a large amount of experience in a number of different job related fields. In addition to the invaluable experience Summer Guest Hosts receive, on-campus room and board is also provided. Applications can be found on Gaelink, through the MySaintMary’s portal each January.
Information regarding ACUHO-i internships can be found here.
If you have any questions, please contact Conference Services