First Steps Prior to Arrival
- Determine preferred dates for the event/conference
- Determine a budget for the event/conference
- Estimate the number of participants and housing arrangements (Summer conferences only)
- Estimate the number of meeting rooms and facilities needed for the event/conference
- Determine dining and catering needs
- Determine Media Services needs
- Schedule a site visit if needed
- Submit your Event Specification Form to Conference Services
Second Steps Prior to Arrival
- Review, sign and return the Campus or Facility Usage Agreement
- Submit required deposit by date indicated on the Agreement
- Insurance: A certificate of liability insurance must be on file prior to your arrival on campus
- Alcohol Policy: A signed Alcohol Policy must be on file prior to your arrival on campus
3-6 Months Prior to Arrival
- Draft a schedule/agenda of specific daily events and requirements
- Contact Catering about food and beverage needs
3 Months Prior to Arrival
- Able to cancel the event/conference and receive deposit back in full
2 Months Prior to Arrival
- Finalize catering needs
- Finalize audio-visual needs
- Submit a programming schedule to Conference Services including:
- Times and locations of meetings/events
- Room setup requirements
- Preferred check-in and checkout times, and locations for overnight accommodations
- Preliminary participant roster and rooming list for overnight accommodations
*Deposit is non-refundable if your program is cancelled 8 weeks prior to event date.
30 Days Prior to Arrival
- Reconfirm finalized participant roster and rooming list for overnight accommodations.
- Reconfirm the finalized programming schedule to Conference Services
- Reconfirm catering needs
- Reconfirm audio-visual needs
15 Days Prior to Arrival
- Submit participant roster if group prefers to have Conference Services compile room assignments.
- Contact Sodexo to ensure food and beverage arrangements are finalized.
10 Days Prior to Arrival
- If group/conference prefers to compile room assignments without Conference Services, the roster is due.
- Room assignments are due.
- Submit the list of early/late departures if applicable.
5 Days Prior to Arrival
- Submit a No Show list for overnight accommodations.
- Check out no later than 10:00am.
- Luggage storage is available free of charge.
- Final invoice is sent 7 days after group/conference departure.
- Final payment is due 30 days after receiving final invoice.
***Please note that this is a general timeline. Failure to met one or more of these requirements may result in fees.