How Do I Apply?
- Decide whether you will apply alone or as part of a group of graduates. If applying as a group, you need to assign one person in your group as the main group contact who will be responsible for the application, gathering the fees from the group, and collecting and submitting all necessary paperwork. See group size guidelines.
- Attend the Grad Fair on March 2, 2016 to get more information from Meetings, Events, & Conference Services.
- Complete online application. The online application will be available on March 3, 2016.
- After receiving confirmation of your received application/site reservation request on March 16, 2016 you will then need to submit a completed Facility Use Agreement, Certificate of Liability Insurance, Alcohol Responsibility Form, and the site fees by April 15, 2016. All forms will be available online.
- Receive notice of your confirmed reception site location on May 1, 2016.
*Reception site assignments are not guaranteed until the Facility Use Agreement is signed; the Certificate of Liability Insurance and Alcohol Responsibility Form is submitted with site fees.
Final assignments will be posted online May 1, 2016.
Reception Group/Site Sizes
- Each reception site is limited to a designated number of graduates. See Site Locations.
- Each designated reception site has an established maximum number of guests that can be accommodated in the space provided.
- Multiple parties are often assigned to the same reception site.
Reception Site Fees
- The cost of participating is $125.00 per graduate.
- Catering Vendor On-site fee is $50.00 per group.
- Groups should provide two checks or money orders covering all individuals in the group and catering vendor fee, if applicable, and have it made out to Saint Mary's College and an additional check for $100.00, if purchasing insurance through Saint Mary's College (see below). No cash will be accepted.
- All fees are due by April 15, 2016 by 4:00 pm.
Reception site fees help cover the costs involved with setting up the sites (i.e., portable restrooms, trash cans, chalking designated sites, etc.) and with cleaning up after the receptions are concluded. As the graduate schools have their graduation celebrations on Sunday, the campus must be returned to its pristine condition overnight.
Each group is required to provide the College with a Certificate of Insurance naming Saint Mary's College as additionally insured for $1,000,000.00. These certificates can be arranged through your own insurance agent or through Conference Services. The rate for a one-day policy arranged by the College is $100.00 per reception group. If purchacing through the College, include the additional $100 payment in the amount of the check used for the site fee payment payable to Saint Mary's College.
The Application for College insurance coverage or proof of insurance through your own agent, must be returned to Meetings, Events, & Conference Services along with your signed Facility Use Agreement and site fee (check or money order) by April 15, 2016 at 4:00 pm.