The goal of the program is to combine effective research in the field of innovative pedagogy with “significant, long-lasting learning of all students” (Carnegie Foundation). The program, based on the Carnegie Foundation model, hopes to shift the concept of teaching from a private, individual activity to teaching as a public, scholarly discipline.
The SOTL Fellow, in collaboration with the Office for Faculty Development,
- Recruits an annual cohort of interested faculty;
- Engages in and shares materials on current trends in higher educational pedagogy;
- Encourages the SOTL cohort to take part in national and international SOTL conferences and organizations;
- Organizes and moderates a series of internal cohort workshops that address issues in teaching and learning;
- Supervises and directs new teaching/research projects conducted by members of the cohort;
- Hosts college-wide presentations for the sharing of individual SOTL projects;
- Edits a public, scholarly journal that showcases the work of the SOTL cohort.
Visit the SoTL website for more information.
Contact: Anna Novakov (Art and Art History)