Most people pursue a Master's degree for one of the following reasons: (1) to advance their career in their current company; (2) to switch careers; (3) to switch companies; (4) to start their own venture.
Current Students and Alumni are encouraged to take advantage of the Career Center for Graduate Students.
In addition to our on campus career center, we've partnered with CareerBeam to provide business students and alumni with additional resources to pursue their desired careers.
CareerBeam took the best research databases and industry intelligence available today, embedded them within a comprehensive career management platform and allows students access to these otherwise cost-prohibitive resources.
To give you an overview of just a few of the resources you can now leverage to engage in strategic career management, take a look at the following:
- Company database: Includes over 35M organizations in more than 180 countries; containing company overviews, key information and business intelligence. You’ll have access to 42M Company contacts, many with biographies and contact information, which is great for connecting with alumni.
- Research on demand: If you can’t find the company in the database, use the research-on-demand feature that allows you to request company-specific information from researchers who obtain the information and email it to you.
- Research on hundreds of Industries: Access to information such as recent developments, business challenges, trends and opportunities on over 700 industry segments - get current financial information and executive insights.
- Conversation starters: Leverage the "Conversation Starters" section in the Industry Database that provides a list of the most relevant topics and questions to discuss when networking with leadership within over 700 industry segments.
- Learn how to use social media in a job search
- Receive tweets on job openings of interest
- Complete a self-assessment to find out what is your forte. Do you have an entrepreneural aptitude?
- Learn how to devise a career plan
- Learn how to create your personal positioning statement
- See relevant resume templates for your industry and take advantage of the simple resume-building tool
- See relevant cover letter templates
- Get help on preparing for an interview, including common sample questions and tips on how to answer; go through a mock interview process
- Receive the latest strategies on negotiation tactics
- Use the salary wizard to understand the industry pay structure
- See which if your personal LinkedIn, Facebook contacts can help you with your job search
- Look for international job opportunities. If you're planning to move to a new city/state for work, use the comprehensive Top Rated City resource to help you understand the new environment
and much more...