You can pursue the Master of Education in Interpersonal Communication after completing the Kalmanovitz School of Education preliminary teaching credential program (Multiple or Single Subject or Education Specialist).
The M.A. in Interpersonal Communication requires 27+ units in addition to the courses required for the preliminary teaching credential.
Specialization Courses (14 units)
- COUN 230 - Theories of Counseling, 3 units
- COUN 234 - Human Sexuality, 1 unit
- COUN 237 - Alcohol & Substance Abuse, 2 units
- COUN 239 - Psychological Perspectives of Gender, 2 units
- COUN 520 - Communication Skills, 3 units
- COUN 521 - Advanced Communication Skills, 3 units
Selected from Graduate Counseling courses with an advisor, 0-6 units
Research Courses (9 units)
- EDUC 572 - Research Seminar I, 3 units
- EDUC 582 - Research Seminar II, 3 units
- EDUC 592 - Thesis, 3 units or EDUC 597 - Synthesis Project, 3 units