The Master of Arts degree in Counseling with a specialization in Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) School Counseling fulfills the requirements for the California PPS Credential with a specialization in School Counseling (grades K-12).
- Core Courses, 37 units (Note: EDUC 572 & COUN 550 are not required for the PPS Credential-Only in School Counseling)
- COUN 235: School Counseling Practicum and Action Research, 3 units
- COUN 232: Career Counseling, 3 units
- COUN 239: Psychological Perspectives of Gender, 2 units
- COUN 251: Treatment of Children, 3 units
- COUN 253: School Counseling: Issues and Interventions, 3 units
- COUN 524: Systems Consultation, 3 units
- COUN 530: Counseling Field Experience, 6 units
Minimum Total Units: 59
Please refer to Frequently Asked Questions for additional information on the Post-Masters Degree PPS Credential Only course of study.