On this site you'll find a host of useful links and topics that a current student should know. Please refer to the Graduate Student Handbook for academic requirements.
- Academic Calendar
- Graduate Kinesiology Academic Policies & Procedures
- Facebook Page
- Contact Info & Office Location
- Getting Around Campus
- Job Search
- Change of Personal Information
- International Student
Saint Mary's College of California
Graduate Kinesiology Dept.
P.O. Box 4500
Moraga, CA 94575-4500
Location: St. Joseph's Hall, Room 101 (right side after you enter)
How do I register?
- Make sure you're within the registration period (see Academic Calendar)
- Use your Saint Mary's Login to log in to my.stmarys-ca.edu
- Click the link to GaelXpress and access your student menu
- Click on "Register for Classes" and then "Search and Register"
- Select the term, subject (Kinesiology), level (Graduate) and enter number.
- If you have trouble with registration, email email@example.com or call 925-631-4377.
How do I add/drop classes?
- Make sure you're still within the time frame allowed (see Academic Calendar)
- Let us know via email that you intend to add/drop a course (firstname.lastname@example.org). This is to help expedite the process and avoid any inappropriate fees.
- You can fill out a petition to withdraw from a course with the professor's approval.
Here are some useful rules to know:
- You will not be able to register for classes if you have an outstanding balance or if you have two incompletes on your academic record.
- Any incompletes will turn into Fs at the end of the next semester.
- If your grade point average falls below a 3.0, you are under academic probation.
- If you receive a grade C or below, you will not receive credit for that course.
- Watch your grades and read the Graduate Student Handbook for further details - these rules are college-wide!
How do I get a parking permit?
- Please read the regulations here.
- You can go to the Bookstore (located near the Post Office) to buy snacks.
- You can go to Oliver Hall (next to the Chapel) and buy a hot meal.
- You can go to Cafe Louis (next to Bookstore) and buy Starbucks coffees, snacks and sandwiches.
- The Center for Writing Across the Curriculum is a great place for those with rusty writing skills. Make a reservation in advance to get help from an appropriate advisor.
- For help on research, you can contact Josh Rose, reference and instruction librarian, for her expertise in Kinesiology research.
- For any specific questions on assignments, contact the faculty member to set up a time to meet or email them with questions.
- Visit the Career Center website where they give you a step by step on how to use Gaelink - which is a listing tool for all jobs connected with SMC.
- The Career Center also provides help on creating your resume, cover letter and even mock interviews to help you get the job you want.
- For athletic assistantships contact Bill Manning (email@example.com).
- If you are an F-1 visa student, you will need to make sure that your courseload is considered full time for Fall and Spring terms. You will also need to make sure that the hours you work part-time are on-campus and not exceeding 20 hours during Fall and Spring terms. For more information on this, contact Tim Yoon (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Tim Yoon (email@example.com) at the Center for International Programs organizes mixers and dinners for graduate international students (and undergraduate international students) to meet and network. Contact him for more information on these events!
- Submit the Candidacy for Graduate Degree form with a $120 processing fee check (made out to "Saint Mary's College of California") BEFORE the start of the next term after you pass your comp exams either in person at the front desk or via mail (PO Box 4500, Moraga, CA 94575).
- In order to verify that you are on the right track for graduation, the best thing to do is set up a meeting with Derek Marks, Ph.D., and determine eligibility. Make sure you are about to complete all 30 units of required coursework and pass your comp exams.
I want to participate in Commencement. What do I have to do?