Check this site often to see updates on new internship opportunities.
- NEW! Fall 2015 Internship at Head-Royce School in Oakland - Head-Royce is a K-12, private, independent, college preparatory school. The position will be paid a stipend of $2,000 for the semester, regardless of the number of academic units taken. The position's supervisor will be Brendan Blakeley, Director of Athletics, Physical Education Department Chair, [email protected], (510) 228-1550. Areas that you will be exposed to include: Physical Education program, grades K-9, Middle School Athletics program, grades 6-8, and High School Athletics program, grades 9-12. The start date for this position is as early as the first week in September. Potential projects to work on include: Game highlights/write-ups/recaps; Leadership training for team captains; Game staffing (note that Head-Royce does NOT have a football team); School Spirit; Athlete recognition (banquets, etc). Brendan also wants to hear from the intern as to what they're interested in learning about. All interested applicants should email Brendan Blakeley, include their resume, educational background, athletic background (playing, coaching, officiating) and work history. In order to be paid the stipend, the intern will need to complete the hiring paperwork that all school employees must fill out.
- NEW! Fall 2015 Coaching Internship with UrbanPlay - UrbanPlay™ is a nonprofit wellness program that promotes healthy choices and active lifestyles for youth through combining play and education. By partnering with schools, afterschool programs, and youth organizations, UrbanPlay™ teaches K-12 students healthy living skills through active games, fitness, exercises, and interactive lessons, promoting individual progress rather than competitive measures. To help UrbanPlay reach its goal of becoming a leading youth wellness program, UrbanPlay relies on a team of interns to assist UrbanPlay coaches. Interns will work closely with Lead UrbanPlay coaches during our afterschool program. Interns will assist coaches with setting up and cleaning up of equipment, and leading games, activities, and lessons. Interns will also write up and submit a class summary after each UrbanPlay session. Click here to apply by July 19th!
- NEW! Fall 2015 Saint Mary's College Athletics Marketing Internship - The Saint Mary’s College Athletic Department is looking for a responsible, hard working individual to work in the athletic department assisting in all areas of marketing for Saint Mary’s Athletics. Click here for more details!
- NEW! Fall 2015 Cal Athletics Fan Experience Internship -The University of California Athletics Department is looking to hire a Fan Experience Intern for the Fan Experience Department; this individual will work on the in-game experience for athletic events through various creative efforts. This positions reports to the Director of Fan Experience. The selected candidate will learn how to develop and implement fan experience and promotion plans for designated sports including football, volleyball, and men’s & women’s basketball. Learn more here!
- Strength and Conditioning Internship at Star Pilates and Fitness - Star Pilates and Fitness is hiring a strength and conditioning intern for the 2015 summer term. This position is ideal for student looking to enhance their education through hands on training and coaching. This is an opportunity to work with senior trainers developing and implementing an injury prevention and sports enhancement program for one of the areas premier youth sports leagues. Click here to see the full job description!
Fun Summer Internship Opportunity at the City of Albany Recreation Department - The City of Albany Recreation and Community Services Department is recruiting for an intern who possesses the desire to explore a possible career in recreation. The Recreation Intern position will be entirely hands-on and will typically work between 10-15 hours per week. The shifts are usually during weekdays however occasional night and weekend shifts will be required. They are seeking a motivated individual that has a strong work eithic, enjoys being a part of a team yet can also be self-motivated and most importantly, has a good sense of humor. Click here to view the complete job description. For more information please contact Eva Phalen, [email protected].
- iCoachConnect Internship Opportunities - iCoachConnect.com is the leading website on the Internet dedicated to connecting coaches with open high school, junior high school, college and club coaching jobs.Our mission is to help every coach find the ideal job in the best school and become a positive role model for the future leaders of our nation. Our ultimate goal is to create a Global Community of coaches to not only provide job search capabilities, but also training and tools necessary to become the best coach they can possibly be. We’re growing and are now looking for some interns from your Sports Management program that might be interested in getting school credit and also interested in a ground floor opportunity that will lead to a paying position with iCoachConnect. Our mission is to change forever the way coaches find jobs and schools hire coaches. To learn more please contact Paul Dobbs, Founder/Head Coach, [email protected], 760-685-4104.
- Service Opportunities with Coaching Corps - Remember what sports did for you as a child? Did they teach you about team work, responsibility, and taking care of your health? Coaching Corps is a non-profit organization that believes every child should have access to quality sports. We are expanding in the Bay Area and are looking for great volunteers from Saint Mary’s to help us grow in your community! In our mission to improve the health, educational and social outcomes for kids through the power of sports and play, Coaching Corps recruits, trains, and places volunteer coaches at after-school programs in low-income communities. Coaching Corps aims to find quality coaches to serve as a positive role model and mentor to under-served youth who may not have access to sports otherwise. Sports help kids build self-esteem, get exercise, succeed in school, and gain friendships- and positive adult mentors play a valuable role in their life. Sign up today to volunteer coach at www.coachingcorps.org. Contact: Gabi Reyes-Acosta at 510-496-5131 or [email protected].
- Strength & Conditioning Internships with TEAM Esface Basketball - Interns will assist TEAM Esface staff in teaching and implementing comprehensive strength & conditioning programs which incorporate a diverse curriculum emphasizing cutting edge strength & conditioning science and techniques. Click here to learn more!
- Eastern Sports Management - Several internship opportunities are available at their Virginia Beach, Fredricksburg, and United Sports facilities. Get some great experience while exploring the eastern half of the country! Learn more here.
- Paid Fitness Intern Opportunities at Oakwood Athletic Club in Lafayette - Learn more here!
- All Star Swim School - Danville, CA. Check out the flyer!
- Bay Area Breeze Women’s Soccer Team - Multiple Internship positions available. (DETAILS: Click here for Visiting Team Liaison Internship– Click here for Referee Liaison Internship-- Click here for Marketing Internship).
- CrossFit Sweat Shop Internship. For details, Click here.
- Accelerate Sports Performance in San Francisco, CA - Learn more here.
- Fantasy Sports Marketing and Social Media Intern Position (Click here for more details) Questions? Contact: [email protected]
To find more, complete your Gael Link profile to access the exclusive Saint Mary's Job Board or visit the North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM) career page at http://www.nassm.com/InfoAbout/CareerServices, or check out the many resources on sportscareerinstitute.com, teamworkonline.com, sportsnetworker.com, or workinsports.com.