We recognize that health is a vital part of learning. Our goal is to promote and sustain a healthy campus community that supports an individual's physical, emotional, mental, and spirtual well-being.
The department of Health Promotion and Education empowers students to achieve wellness through:
- Promoting healthy, active and balanced lifestyles that address the seven dimensions of wellness.
- Encouraging development through deepened self awareness and daily self reflection.
- Providing preventive programs that allow students to engage in conversations that impact their lifelong well being.
- Educating students to make informed health decisions.
The Health Education staff help to connect students with information and resources, cultivating healthy attitudes and behaviors, and fostering a culture that values and supports a healthy community. In order to achieve our goals, we act as a resource to the Saint Mary's College community by providing: educational material, campus-wide presentations/lectures, interactive programming, and information for on and off campus resources.
Health Education programs are tailored to include specific learning outcomes that provide participants the opportunity to be involved in conversations that encourage them to incoporate healthy habits into their daily lives.
Keep a look out for our programs on campus!
The Health and Wellness Center provides one-on-one consultation sessions to students in the areas of:
- Body Acceptance
- Exercise and Physical Activity
- Stress Management and Relaxation
- Sleep Hygiene
- Sexual Health Education
- Alcohol & Substance Abuse Education
- Preventative Care