July 7, 2015
Dear Saint Mary’s Supervisors of Staff Employees: WELCOME TO GAELPerform
GAELPerform, powered by Halogen software, is Saint Mary’s web-based system for completing performance reviews for SMC staff members. GaelPerform was first launched on May 6, 2013. This is our third appraisal year using the new system.
It allows supervisors and staff to:
- Complete reviews online
- Access and view completed reviews
- Co-create goals & development plans that will be housed in the web-based system
- Record performance-related notes (e.g. feedback, kudos) on your personal Homepage
It allows the organization to:
- Track performance review completion rates, rating averages, and other data
This year, GAELPerform will open on July 9, 2015. That day, you will receive an email letting you know this year's review process is beginning. If you already set up your password last year you won't need to follow the link in the activation email. Just log onto your homepage.
If you are NEW to GaelPerform or did not set up your homepage last year, you will need to follow this activation link (good for 96 hours) to establish your GAELPerform password and security questions.
The Performance Review Period
You’re completing staff performance reviews for the 2014-2015 performance year (July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015).
- The first evaluation component of SMC’s online review form is Section A: Key Accomplishments and Goals Achieved. It requires staff members to describe two or more key accomplishments or goals that were achieved during FY 2014-15. For staff whose reviews are finalized this year (e.g. all electronic sign offs completed), next year's appraisal form in GAELPerform (2016) will auto-populate with the goals they fill out this year in Section E: New Goals. If the goals developed in Section E change over the course of the year, people can simply delete the auto-populated text and write in the changes in Section A of next year's review form.
- Section B-1 of the review form is an evaluation of core competencies that are expected of all SMC staff members. Supervisors have an additional set of competencies on which they are evaluated - Section B-2 on the supervisor review form. Although staff appraisal forms in past years have included competencies, this year the competencies and their definitions have been streamlined to better reflect SMC’s mission and strategic priorities.
- Sections C & D of the form are the Overall Performance Summary and Overall Performance Rating. These areas represent an overview or summative evaluation, taking into account content in both Sections A and B.
- Section E is the place where the staff member and supervisor will write new goals for the upcoming year - in this case, for FY 2015-16. These goals should be SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-based). The goals that are created here will auto-populate onto next year's review form in Section A (see above).
The 2014-15 review will NOT be required for staff members with a start date of April 1, 2015 or later.
Please feel free to contact Human Resources with questions or for assistance by emailing [email protected] or by calling Ext. 4216 or 4910.