Lifelong learning is a strongly held value at Saint Mary’s College of California.
NEW EVENT FOR STAFF
On Thursday, May 30, attend Saint Mary's First Annual LearnAbout for SMC Staff. This is a day when you can attend 1 or more one-hour presentations delivered by your fellow staff members on topics about which they have knowledge and passion. The topics, presenters, and schedule are listed below.
Supervisors and staff -- attend at least one event you're interested in. Help make our first LearnAbout a success!! And consider being a presenter yourself in Spring 2014!
|Prezi - An Alternative to Power Point||Alle Porter, Library|
|Placing & Hanging Art in Your Home||Carrie Brewster, Museum|
11:20 am-12:20 pm
|Eating for Health - Food as Medicine||Dr. Ali Rezapour, Health & Wellness Center|
1:00 - 2:00 pm
|So You Want to Write? Following Your Creative Muse||Mike Jung & Norm Partridge, Library|
2:10 - 3:10 pm
|Saint Mary's Chapel - A Stained Glass History||Pamela Thomas, Mission & Ministry
3:20 - 4:20 pm
|Great "Apps" for Your Mobile Devices||Rita Pearson, ITS|
Learning & Organizational Effectiveness
We provide learning opportunities both to enhance our employees’ knowledge and skills and to reinforce their outstanding work in support of the college’s mission. The diagram below shows the new four-component training strategy at Saint Mary’s College offered through Learning and Organizational Effectiveness (LOE). Programs are open to staff and faculty.
Spring 2013 Learning Opportunities Are Below.
- Put on Your Thinking Hat: Techniques to Stimulate Creative Ideas (Jan. 2013)
- Managing Your Time (Feb. 2013)
- Staff-Faculty Partnerships (March 2013)
- Interviewing Skills (April 2013)
- Campus of Difference (dates TBD)
- Accountable Team Members: A Leader's Goal (March 2013)
- Tracking Performance & Holding Performance Conversations (March 2013)
- Managing Change: The Human Factor (May 2013)
- April 25, 2013 - Systems Thinking
Whole Person Development
* Title IX Training (Department-Specific Dates TBD)