Simply click the links to download the appropriate document.
- NSSE Benchmark Comparisions 2012 **NEW 8-29-12** (PDF) - Shows that in 2012 SMC freshman and seniors score higher than benchmarked competitors and has has improved over time on NSSE constructs, most especially for the construct Level of Academic Challenge where SMC freshmen and SMC seniors scored significantly above the average score of top 10% of all 569 schools submitting NSSE results. SMC scored significantly higher against several of our benchmark comparison groups in 2012 on the other NSSE constructs, though less well on the construct Supportive Campus Environment (see page 1). The multi-year SMC results on page 2 show improvements on all constructs in 2012 from 2005 and most early years. In addition, when one compares the same cohort of those who were first year students in Spring 2009 with those who were seniors in Spring 2012, there are notable gains on four of the five NSSE constructs, specifically: Enriching Education Experience (+20.8), Level of Academic Challenge (+15.1), Active and Collaborative Learning (+10.0), and Student-Faculty Interaction (+8.7). The construct Supportive Campus Environment, however, declined by -3.0 for freshmen in spring 2009 to seniors in spring 2012, though this difference is not statistically significant.
- Detailed NSSE Benchmark Comparisons, **NEW August 2012** (Excel) This link contains a series of NSSE generated tables, providing additonal detail from what is reported above.
- NSSE Executive Snapshot 2009 (Excel)
- NSSE Benchmark Comparisons, August 2009 (Excel)
- A comparison of student and faculty responses to the NSSE and FSSE surveys of spring, 2007 (PDF)
- 2007 (PDF)
- 2005 (PDF)
- 2004 (PDF)
- 2003 (PDF)
- 2002 (PDF)
View the NSSE home page.