Delphine Hall, which houses the IC, is located along the perimeter of Ferroggiaro Quad between the Bookstore and Café Louis. The first floor, known as Delphine Lounge, may be reserved between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
The second floor of Delphine (Delphine Loft) functions as the office for the (IC) and may not be reserved. The Loft also has a small computer lab that is available for students to use during IC office hours. The second floor of Delphine also holds a balcony, which is available for Saint Mary’s community members between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. The balcony space cannot be reserved. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please contact the IC Coordinator at (925) 631-8545.
How do I make a reservation?
- Check the current availability of the Delphine Lounge using the online SMC Master Calender at http://astraweb.stmarys-ca.edu/astraweb.
- Once you have selected an available time, click the “Request a Room” link on the left-hand menu of the Master Calendar and follow the step-by-step instructions.
- It is recommended that you submit your request at least five business days prior to the scheduled event. This does not guarantee the availability of the space.
- The reserving party is responsible for requesting adequate setup and cleanup time on their “Facility Reservation Request Form” form to ensure that events prior to, and following, their event are not interrupted.
- You will receive an automated receipt e-mail right after you submit your request. You will then receive a confirmation e-mail once your reservation has been processed, usually within two business days of the request.
How do I cancel a reservation?
- Contact the IC Coordinator at x8545 to cancel your event as soon as possible.
- If necessary, contact other departments (i.e. Sodexo, Facility Services, CaTS Media Services, etc.) to cancel all related services.
- Please note that the IC will not cancel or reschedule a reservation that has been previously made in order to accommodate another party.
What may I use in the Delphine Lounge?
- 60 stackable chairs
- 20 armchairs
- 1 portable whiteboard (markers and erasers not provided)
- 3 tall tables
- VCR-DVD player
The Intercultural Center is now equipped with SMART technology. We now have a mounted projector and screen for you to use. You can easily hook up your laptop/macbook or Ipad as well as use our DVD player. If you need assistance with this technology, please contact Media Services.
Please contact Media Services if you will be needing a microphone so that they can set that up for you.
Please refer to the first floor diagram of Delphine Lounge and “Before the Event” guidelines regarding setup and additional needs.
Use of Delphine Lounge implies agreement with the following guidelines:
Before the Event
- It is the reserving party’s responsibility to set up for the event. Setup time should be included on the “Facility Reservation Request Form.”
- Any requests of CaTs Media Services, Facility Services, Sodexo, or other departments are the responsibility of the reserving party.
- While chairs, loveseats, and tables can be rearranged as needed for the event, storage bins along the perimeter of the room are not to be moved.
- IC property (i.e. furniture, murals, flags, etc.) may not be removed from Delphine Lounge.
- Food may be brought in from outside sources.
During the Event
- The IC staff works on the second floor Monday through Friday during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. During these hours, the noise should be kept at a level that is respectful of an office environment.
- Due to its open environment, Delphine Lounge is not appropriate for confidential or recorded events.
- Supplies necessary for carrying out the event are the responsibility of the reserving party; the IC’s office equipment and supplies are not available for use.
- The reserving party is expected to take reasonable steps to ensure proper care of Delphine Lounge.
- Events, including clean up, must end by the time designated on the “Facility Reservation Request Form."
After the Event
- The reserving party is responsible for returning Delphine Lounge to the arrangement specified on the bulletin board at the bottom of the stairs.
- The reserving party is responsible for cleanup.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Wiping down tables
- Picking up trash
- Erasing the whiteboard
- Removing any posters hung up during the event
- Reporting spills or any other damages immediately to the IC Coordinator
- Throwing away any trash outside of Delphine if trashcans inside are not sufficient
Usage privileges may be revoked if these guidelines are not followed.
Thank you for your cooperation.