The process of applying to Saint Mary's as an international student is not much different from any other applicant. Everyone must fill out the Common Application and submit exam results, transcripts and a letter of recommendation. The specific materials we need to evaluate your application are listed below.
Required Application Materials
Your application packet must include the following:
- Common Application and $55 USD application fee
- Official copies of any examination results (IB, SAT, ACT, WAEC, SPM, STMP, etc.)
- Official secondary school or college transcripts, mark sheets or other academic records, with a certified English translation
- One academic letter of recommendation
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, MELAB, PTE, EIKEN, or ELS Level 112 (Passing scores: TOEFL 213CBT/550PBT/79iBT, IELTS 6, Michigan Test 77%, PTE 53, EIKEN Grade Pre-1, and ELS Level 112 with 2.75GPA). Learn more about the English proficiency exam results
- Certification of Finances Form. Please remember to provide an original bank statement or a stamp letter from your bank official. This document should be submitted along with the admissions application to expedite I-20 student visa turnaround. Please note that we will enclose the I-20 student visa in the acceptace packet if the Certificate of Finance is submitted with the admissions application.
- Students transferring from universities in other nations must furnish professional evaluations of their educational credentials. Saint Mary’s recommends the services of the Foundation for International Services, Inc.
- Copy of current passport photo page
- Once accepted, international students must submit a fully completed Medical History Form to the Health & Wellness Center. Form must include up-to-date immunization information as indicated. No substitute form will be accepted.
- We recommend that you apply online. If you do not have reliable internet service and wish to apply by mail, a paper copy of the Common Application is available in most High School College Counseling offices. It may also be downloaded, printed, filled out manually and mailed to:
Mail all documents to:
Saint Mary's College of California
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 4800
Moraga, CA 94575-4800
NOTE: When submitting the Common Application, type in "000-00-0000" when asked for a social security number.
Make sure to apply with adequate time for the entire evaluation and visa application and issuance process.
Feb. 1 for freshmen
March 1 for undergraduate transfer students
International students applying from abroad will be considered as applicants for regular admission for the fall (beginning in August) and spring (beginning in February) semesters. No probationary admission is possible. All freshmen and transfer application materials must be in the Admissions Office by the deadlines to ensure consideration. Applications will be evaluated only when all documents have been received.
These are the priority deadlines for admission; applications received after these deadlines will be considered on a space-available basis.