Scholarship assistance is available for students who would otherwise be unable to afford a January Term travel course; CLICK HERE for the 2014 Jan Term Travel Scholarship Application. Applications for Jan Term 2014 Travel are due September 16th by 4:30pm to the Financial Aid Office.If you plan to apply for the travel scholarship, make sure you have a FAFSA form on file with the Financial Aid Office. In the last few years, at least thirteen scholarships have been made available, each covering 75% of course fees for a January Term travel course.
- Preference is given to seniors before juniors, etc. Status is based upon the number of completed units at the time of application
- Must be eligible for financial aid (FAFSA submitted)
- Greatest need (based on FAFSA information on file in the Financial Aid Office at the time of application)
- GPA (preference for students with higher GPA; minimum 3.0)
- Students with little or no previous experience abroad (January Term or Study Abroad)
- Rationale for choosing the program.
- Freshmen are not eligible to apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply:
1. Pick up an application from either the Jan Term Office (Dante 112) or the Financial Aid Office (first floor in Brother Jerome West).
2. Attach a copy of your latest degree audit together with a typed statement of your academic purpose (a one or two-page essay). Be sure to focus on a particular travel course, not travel courses in general.
3. Your name, school address, local telephone number, and e-mail address should appear on every page of your application essay.
4. Submit your application form, statement of purpose, and degree audit in a stapled package to the Financial Aid Office in Brother Jerome West by 4:30 PM. on Monday, September 16th.
5. Notification will be sent via e-mail on Saturday, September 21st.
6. Scholarship winners will still need to register online beginning Thursday, September 26th. Before they do this, they will also need to place a deposit of one-eighth (or 25%) the total cost of the course fee by 4pm on Monday, September 23rd.