The KSOE offers a special class of teaching programs for both experienced teachers and those just getting started in their careers. We offer programs in a variety of teaching fields and grade levels, with an emphasis on giving you real classroom experience. What's more, we know how busy you are, so we've designed our teaching programs to fit your personal and professional lives.
Who can enroll in our programs?
- Experienced teachers earn a master's degree
- Aspiring teachers earn a California teaching credential or Montessori credential
Which program fits you?
If you want a teaching credential:
- Multiple Subject (Elementary) Credential
- Single Subject (Secondary) Credential
- Special Education Credential
- Montessori Early Childhood or Elementary Credential
If you already have a teaching credential:
- Master of Arts in Teaching (Project-based)
- Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education
- Master of Arts in Education (Research-based) *
- Master of Arts in Montessori Education *
- Master of Education in Special Education *
* These three programs require a credential from Saint Mary's College
Highlights of our teacher education programs:
- Courses held on campus in the late afternoon and evening to accommodate student teaching and working professionals
- Instruction by knowledgeable professors, as well as instructors with recent classroom experience
- Ongoing personal support by highly-skilled teaching supervisors
- Preparation to serve the diverse range of K-12 students in California, with an emphasis on effective urban education
- Cutting-edge curriculum and teaching methods
- Career support and strong alumni community
Through active and collaborative learning, we prepare students to be effective and innovative educators, to put the learner first, and to work toward the elimination of educational inequities based on race, ethnicity, culture, gender, social class, language, or disability.