Meet our faculty
- PhD Psychosocial Development and Education, The Wright Institute: Berkeley, CA, 1985
- MSW Group Work and Adult Education, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1974
- BA Sociology, High Point University, 1970
- Professor - Saint Mary's College (2003 - 2007)
- Associate Professor - Saint Mary's College (1994 - 2003)
- Assistant Professor - Saint Mary's College (1992 - 1994)
- Dean - John F. Kennedy University (1989 - 1992)
- Associate Dean - John F. Kennedy University (1985 - 1989)
- Organizational Consultant - Advanced Micro Devices (1983 - 1989)
- Program Director - Veterans Assistance Center (1978 - 1983)
- Recipient of the Alumni Research Grant - Saint Mary's College of CA (2013)
- 2012-2013 Professor of the Year - Saint Mary's College of CA
- Proehl, Rebecca, Everett, Shirley and Starnes, Heather. 2015. Catalyst Schools: Public Charter Schools and the Catholic Ethos, Catholic Education, vol. Forthcoming
- Proehl, Rebecca. 2014. The Transformative Nature of Lasallian Research, AXIS:Journal of Lasallian Higher Education, vol. Forthcoming
- Proehl, Rebecca, Douglas, Shelese, Elias, Dean, Johnson, Anthony and Westsmith, Wendy. 2013. A Collaborative Approach: Assessing the Impact of Multi-Grade Classrooms, Catholic Education: A Journal of Inquiry and Practice, vol. 16, issue 2, pg.422-446
- Proehl, Rebecca. (2012). Protecting our Elders: An Interfaith Coalition to Address Elder Abuse. Journal of Religion, Spirituality and Aging, Vol. TBD, TBD.
- Proehl, Rebecca and Suzuki, Sawako. 2009. Transferring Social Justice Initiatives into Lasallian Schools, Catholic Education: A Journal of Inquiry and Practice, vol. 12, issue 4, pg.457-474
- Proehl, Rebecca. (2007). Social Justice, Respect, and Meaning-Making: Keys to Working with the Homelss Elderly. Health and Social Work, Vol. 32, Iss. 4, 301-308.
- Proehl, Rebecca. 2005. From Despair to Hope, California Endowment
- Proehl, Rebecca. 2004. Transferring Learning into New Organizational Processes, Human Services Supervision of the Learning Organization, eds. and Austin, M. and Hopkins, K., Sage Publications
- Proehl, Rebecca. (2001). Organizational Change in the Human Services. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications
- Proehl, Rebecca. (2000). Cross-functional Teams: An Innovation or Just Another Committee?. Higher Education Management Journal, Vol. 11, Iss. 3, 63-79.
- Proehl, Rebecca. 1998. Organizational Change: The Public Sector Challenge, Bay Area Social Services Consortium
- Proehl, Rebecca. 1997. Leadership, Cognitive Complexity, and Gender, Women in Leadership, vol. 1, issue 2, pg.39-48
- Proehl, Rebecca. 1996. Cross-Functional Teams: A Panacea or Just Another Headache, Supervision, vol. 57, issue 7
- Proehl, Rebecca. 1996. Groups in Workplace 2000: A Multi-Cultural Perspective, Cross Cultural Management, vol. 3, issue 1, pg.37-44
- Proehl, Rebecca. 1996. Enhancing the Effectiveness of Cross-Functional Teams, The Leadership and Organizational Development Journal, vol. 17, issue 5, pg.3-10
- Proehl, Rebecca. 1995. Groups in Career Development: An Added Advantage, Journal of Career Development, vol. 21, issue 3
- Proehl, Rebecca. 1991. When Cultures Clash: Confessions of a Naive consultant, Vision/Action
- Proehl, Rebecca. 1987. An Organizational Study of Three Correctional Facilities
- Proehl, Rebecca. 1987. Does Theory Work in Practice?, Vision/Action.