Meet our faculty
- PhD Urban Schooling, UCLA, 2012
- MA Stanford Teacher Education Program, Stanford University, 2001
- BA Political Science, UCSD, 2000
- Adjunct Assistant Professor - USC (2010 - 2012)
Taught the following: Education 541A Online - Pedagogy A: Secondary History/Social Studies Education 517A Online & On campus - Understanding the Social Context for Urban Schools
- Adjunct Professor/Lecturer - UCLA (2010 - 2012)
Taught the following: Education 301 - Teaching Methodologies in Computer Science Education 278 - Critical Media Literacy Education 194C - Culture, Communication and Human Development
- Adjunct Professor - Mount St. Mary's College (2009 - 2009)
Taught Education 205 -Technologies for Educators
- English, Social Studies, and Media Arts Teacher - Life Academy High School (2001 - 2008)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow - UCLA (June 2012 - July 2013)
Researcher with Exploring Computer Science
- Graduate Student Researcher - UCLA (2010 - 2012)
Exploring Computer Science
- Graduate Student Researcher - UCLA (2009 - 2010)
Multiple Pathways/Linked Learning Project - Institute for Democracy, Equity & Access
- Principal Investigator - Green Dot Public Schools (2009 - 2009)
Examined the Best Practices and Structures of Charter Middle schools in Los Angeles
- Graduate Student Researcher - UCLA (2008 - 2009)
Leveraging Students Academic English Language Skills Project
- Co-Director of UCLA Writing Project Summer Institute - UCLA Writing Project (2010 - 2011)
- Technology Liaison - UCLA Writing Project (2009 - 2012)
- Leadership Team Co-Chair of Technology Liaison Network - National Writing Project (2008 - 2011)
• Jointly plan and organize Digital Literacy Across the Margins: A Pre-Conference Workshop for the 2010 Urban Sites Network Conference • Coach and facilitate workshops at the 2010 National Writing Project Annual Meeting • Review grant proposals and co-plan, organize and coach Resource Development Retreat for writing project teams to disseminate work
- Teacher Consultant - Bay Area Writing Project (2006 - 2008)
Webmaster for Young Writer’s Camp, Technology Initiative Member, iBAWP member
- Lee, Clifford H. & Garcia, Antero D. . (2014). I want them to feel the fear…” Leveraging critical computational literacies for English Language Arts success. In Ferdig, Rick E. and Pytash, Kristine E. (Eds.), Exploring Multimodal Composition and Digital Writing (pp. 364-378). Hershey, PA: Information Science Reference.
- Carlson, Peter, Share, Jeff & Lee, Clifford. (2013). Critical Media Literacy: Pedagogy for the digital age. Oregon English Journal, Vol. 38, Iss. 1, 50-55.
- Ryoo, Jean, Margolis, Jane, Lee, Clifford, Sandoval, Cueponcaxochitl & Goode, Joanna. (2013). Democratizing Computer Science Knowledge: Transforming the face of computer science through public high school education. Learning, Media, and Technology, Vol. 38, Iss. 2, 161-181.
- Faulstich Orellana, Marjorie, Martinez, Danny C., Lee, Clifford H. & Montaño, Elizabeth. (2012). Language as a Tool in Diverse Forms of Learning. Linguistics and Education, Vol. 23, Iss. 4, 373-387.
- Margolis, Jane, Ryoo, Jean, Sandoval, Cueponcaxochitl, Lee, Clifford, Goode, Joanna & Chapman, Gail. (2012). Beyond Access: Broadening participation in high school computer science. Inroads, Vol. 3, Iss. 4, 72-78.
- Faulstich Orellana, Marjorie, Lee, Clifford H. & Martinez, Danny C. (2011). More than just a hammer: Building linguistic toolkits. Issues in Applied Linguistics, Vol. 19, Iss. 2, 181-187.
- Lee, Clifford. 2010. Language as graffiti: Situated language discourse and awareness of a teenager
- Lee, Clifford. 2010. Digital Is. Digital Tools for Change