All prospective applicants can access our online application by clicking here. There is a $50.00 non-refundable application fee. Payment is by credit card or by check payable to Saint Mary's College. This fee is waived for students who have previously been admitted to and enrolled in an approved Saint Mary's College or SMC/Kalmanovitz School of Education program of study.
For specific admissions requirements for the Doctorate of Education in Educational Leadership, please go to Ed.D. Requirements.
Application materials to be submitted include:
- Evidence of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college. (Note: if you are currently in the process of completing your degree or waiting for your degree to post, an unofficial transcript is permitted for the interview process; however, 1 official transcript with your posted degree will be required for unconditional acceptance into the program.)
- One sealed official transcript from each college/university previously attended must be sent to KSOE at P.O. Box 4350, Moraga, CA 94575-4350. *If transcripts are being sent electronically they will only be accepted via the College/University previously attended or through the National Clearinghouse. Those electronic transcripts must be directed to email@example.com.
- Three signed original letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes noting suitability for graduate work. (Click here for the letter of recommendation cover form). * In the interest of expediting receipt, electronic letters of recommendation may be sent in pdf form provided they are emailed directly from the letter writer, however, electronic letters must still be followed up with a hard copy of the orginial letter sent in sealed envelopes to KSOE. Electronic letters should also only be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Statement of Academic and Professional Objectives, outlining purpose(s) for seeking admission to program(s). The Statement can be submitted as an attachment to your online application or turned in separately. Limit the length to 1 to 2 pages. Address your career goals, your reason(s) for applying to the program(s) and a brief description of your educational, work and volunteer experiences that are relevant to the program(s) you seek to enter.
- A copy of recent Tuberculin test results.
- Health and Accident Insurance Reporting Form
- Skills Test results, or proof of registration for specific test(s), if applicable. See Admissions Criteria for more information.
- Intake interview with the director(s) of the program(s), designated full-time faculty, or program admissions counselor. (Call the Kalmanovitz School of Education front office to make appointments at (925-631-4700.)
Upon receipt of the application we will review all materials and inform the candidate if additional information is required.
Information packets are available from the Kalmanovitz School of Education by calling (925) 631-4700 or filling out the Interest Page here.