What academic programs are offered at the Kalmanovitz School of Education?
A detailed list of all academic programs can be found on the programs of study page.

How can I request an application or catalog?
Our application and catalog are both available online. You may contact us at (925) 631-4700 or [email protected] to have an application packet mailed to you. There is also an online information request that can be filled out and submitted.

How can I speak to someone about a particular program of study?
Please contact the specific Director of the program you are interested in. 

Do course credits from other institutions transfer to KSOE?
Yes. We accept up to 6 semester units of current, directly applicable, post-baccalaureate coursework from an accredited institution as transfer units for a Master's Degree or Credential Program, if you've earned a grade of B or higher.

When is the application deadline?
Because we have rolling enrollment, you can apply throughout the year. We recommend that you apply at least three (3) months before the term in which you wish to begin. Students begin in the summer, fall, January or spring semesters (January Term is a 1-month, intensive academic experience focusing on a single course of study) depending on their program of study.

Who are the faculty in the School of Education?
More than 95% of our full-time faculty hold doctoral degrees. Most of our part-time faculty are current or recent classroom teachers, counselors and administrators. All our faculty members are committed to using their knowledge, professional connections and personal attention to benefit our students.

Are all Saint Mary's students Catholic?
No. We welcome students of all faith traditions.

What will my classes be like?
Our classes average approximately 15-24 students and encourage in-depth discussion.

Do you offer an Internship Credential?
Yes. The internship teaching credential allows you to work full-time in a classroom while working towards your credential. State requirements include subject matter competency, meeting the U.S. Constitution requirement, (120) hours of instruction, and an offer of employment.

I work. How will I find time to pursue the program that interests me?
We offer full- and part-time options for many of our programs, and classes are offered during evenings and on weekends.

How long does a master's degree program take to complete?
A Masters degree can take as few as 3 semesters or up to 2-3 years, depending on your program of study and your enrollment status.

What is the difference between a part- and full-time student?
A student who is registered for 9 units or more is considered full-time during the fall and spring terms.  During January and summer terms 3-5 units is the average classload, but students are allowed to register for up to 6 units in January and up to 10 units in summer. Additional units are discouraged and must be approved by the advisor or program director.

Can I audit a class?
Yes, on a space-available basis. You must file a Petition to Audit a Course form, pay the fee, and receive approval from the instructor and the program director before registering. Auditors cannot take examinations or submit written work for evaluation, but may participate in class discussion. Students may not obtain credit by later challenging a course they have audited.

What is the mandatory health insurance requirement?
Saint Mary's College requires health and accident insurance for currently enrolled students. Applicants must provide proof of health and accident insurance. If you don't currently have insurance and don't plan to secure insurance while enrolled you must complete and sign a waiver form. Admission will be delayed until proof of insurance or the signed, completed waiver form is submitted.

Does Saint Mary's offer job placement services?
A list of job websites is regularly updated for use by our students and alumni. California school districts currently accept copies of recommendation letters directly from teaching or counseling applicants, which alleviates the need for a placement file. For more information please contact our credential analyst at (925) 631-4727. Listing of job websites.

Maps & Directories

Mailing Address

Saint Mary's College of California
1928 Saint Mary's Road
Moraga, CA 94575
(925) 631-4000
Google Map | Campus Map | PO Boxes