Discover articles and books from many of our databases.
Article Publisher Databases
Encyclopedia and Handbook Databases
Chemical Property databases
- In addition to ChemNetBase above:
- ChemIDplus - Dictionary of over 370,000 chemicals (names, synonyms, and structures) from National Library of Medicine's Specialized Information Service. Use the Advanced Search feature for chemical structure, property, and toxicity searching
- ChemSpider - Royal Society of Chemistry source for 26 million structures, synonyms, trade names, and formulas, with links to properties, spectra, etc. Links to both authoritative journal content (links to SMC subscribed content will only work on campus for this free resource) and non-authoritative (Wikipedia) content, so confirm results with other sources.
- NIST Webbook - (National Institute of Standards and Technology)Thermochemical, phase transition, gas phase IR and mass spectral data for thousands of compounds.
- Merck Index. (Ref 615.1 M537 2006 ) 14th ed. Rahway, NJ: Merck, 2006.
- U. S. Patent Office Web Site.
- US Patent Office. Patent Search
- Patent Storm. US Patents with an improved search engine.
- Google Patents. Another way to search for US Patents.
- World International Property Organization (WIPO) - This database searches for patents, trademarks, emblems. Japan and many other countries participate in this UN database.
- European Patent Office
Search journals, magazines, or newspapers by title, ISSN, or abbreviation
Biochemistry Periodicals Reading Room
Drug Design & Discovery
View additional subscribed Biochemistry periodicals.
Search Albert to find books, movies, etc..
Encyclopedias and Handbooks
- Encyclopedia of microbiology. [Amsterdam] : Elsevier, c2009.
- Encyclopedia of microbiology. 4 vol. (Ref 576.03 L498) San Diego : Academic Press, c2000-
- Concise encyclopedia biochemistry and molecular biology. (Ref 574.19 Sco85a) Berlin ; New York : Walter de Gruyter, 1997
- The enzyme reference : a comprehensive guidebook to enzyme nomenclature, reactions, and methods (Ref 574.1925 P973) San Diego, Calif. : Academic Press, c2002.
- Handbook of molecular and cellular methods in biology and medicine. Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, c2011
- Kirk-Othmer encyclopedia of chemical technology. 26 vols. ( Ref 660.3 K634a) Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley-Interscience, c2007.
- Manual of industrial microbiology and biotechnology. Washington, DC : ASM Press, c2010
- Biochemistry. (Berg). From NCBI bookshelf.
- Medical Microbiology. From NCBI bookshelf.
- Molecular Biology of the Cell. From NCBI bookshelf.
- The Cell: A molecular approach. From NCBI bookshelf.
- Molecular biology and biotechnology: a comprehensive desk reference. (Ref 574.88 M576) New York : VCH, c1995
Drug Design and Discovery
- Development of therapeutic agents handbook. ebrary ebook. Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons, c2012
- Case studies in modern drug discovery and development. ebrary ebook. Hoboken, NJ : John Wiley & Sons, c2012
- Drug discovery handbook. ebrary ebook. Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley-Interscience, c2005
Also search in Albert by Subject:
Prescription Drug Reference
- Drug Information - from Medline. Over-the-counter, prescription drugs, herbs and natural remedies. Sources are American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), and Natural Standard.
- Physicians' Desk Reference: PDR. (Ref 615.1 P569) Oradell, NJ: Medical Economics. Annual.
- Martindale : the complete drug reference. 2 vols. (Ref 615.1 M366) London ; Chicago : Pharmaceutical Press, 2007.
- Drugs@FDA - Browse by an alphabetical index, or use the keyword search engine.
- MayoClinic.com - USPDI (U.S. Pharmacopia Dispensing Information) from Mayo Clinic. Requires Flash plug-in to enter the site. Search by drug name.
- Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs. (Ref 615.1 H191) 16th ed. Washington, DC: American Pharmaceutical Association, 2009
- Merck Index: An Encyclopedia of Chemicals, Drugs, and Biologicals. (Ref 615.1 M537) 15th ed. Rahway, NJ: Merck, 2013
- The ACS style guide: effective communication of scientific information. (Ref. 540.02 D661a) 3rd ed. Washington, DC : American Chemical Society ; Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2006.
- Quick Guide to Citing Using the ACS Style Guide from Pennsylvania State University's Physical and Mathematical Sciences Library.
Biological and Medical Style
- Scientific style and format: the CSE manual for authors, editors, and publishers. (Ref 808.0665 C832) Reston, VA: Council of Science Editors in cooperation with the Rockefeller University Press, 2006.
- The Library's APA Style Guide provides a summary, or the 6th edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association is available in the Reference Room (Ref 150.149 Am35b). APA has a separate Style Guide to Electronic Resources.
- The Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition) is available in the Reference Room (Ref 808.02 Un3e). You can also visit the Quick Guide from the Chicago Manual publishers.
- AMA manual of style : a guide for authors and editors. (American Medical Association). (Ref 808.0666 Am35) Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, c2007
- Citing medicine: the NLM style guide for authors, editors, and publishers [Internet]. 2nd ed. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2007