Encyclopedias and Handbooks
- The atlas of climate change : mapping the world's greatest challenge. (Ref 551.6 D752). Berkeley : University of California Press, c2006.
- Climate change : a reference handbook. (Ref 551.6 D759). Santa Barbara, Calif. : ABC-CLIO, c2009
- Climate change 2014. Official reports of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. 2007 reports include: Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability (2nd floor 551.6 So47i), Mitigation of Climate Change (2nd floor 551.6 So47m), The Physical Science Basis (2nd floor 551.6 So47).
- Climate change: an encyclopedia of science and history (ebook) Santa Barbara, Calif. : ABC-CLIO, LLC, 2013
- Encyclopedia of global warming & climate change. (SAGE ebook) Thousand Oaks, Calif. : SAGE Publications, Inc., c2012
Important Web Resources
Government Policy and Research Web Sites
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change - World Meterological Organization (WMO) and the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) established the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) in 1988. This website includes their policy documents and reports.
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change - Includes text of the Kyoto Protocol, reports on national compliance, news, current events, and conference reports.
- Global Change Master Directory - Data sets from US and International agencies.
- Climate Change - U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's website on Climate Change gathers together policy documents, scientific primers, and reports on the effect of climate change.
- Trends: A Compendium of Data on Global Change - Time series data, charts and tables on temperatures, atmospheric gases, ecosystems. From the US Dept of Energy, Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center.
- U.S. Global Change Research Program - This interagency website gathers together federal research efforts on changes in the global environment and their implications for society.
- California Climate Change Portal - Combines information on the impacts of climate change on California and the state's policies relating to global warming.
- Bay Area Air Quality Management District Climate Protection - Answers the questions on what the air district is doing to address climate change, and what Bay Area governments and organizations are doing as well.
Independent Research Agencies
- Pew Center on Global Climate Change - Established in 1998, this non-profit, non-partisan and independent organization's mission is to provide credible information, straight answers, and innovative solutions in the effort to address global climate change.
- RealClimate - Climate Science from Climate Scientists - An excellent for theory, facts, and controversies.
- Union of Concerned Scientists Global Warming - Brings together policy documents, science, and solutions.
- Stern Review on the Economics of Climate Change - Sir Nicholas Stern, Head of the British Government's Economics Service and advisor to the British Government, prepared this report to the Prime Minister and the Chancellor of the Exchequer on the Economics of Climate Change.
- U.S. Climate Action Network - Select "Policy" near the top of the page.
Religious and Moral Aspects
- EcoRes Forum - Exploring the ethical, political, and socio-cultural aspects of climate change.
- Forum on Religion and Ecology - An international multireligious project. Explores the religious world views, texts, ethics with conferences, and publications.
- Global Climate Change: A Plea for Dialogue, Prudence, and the Common Good - A statement dated June 15, 2001 from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- National Religious Partnership on the Environment - Seeks to encourage people of faith to weave values and programs of care for God's creation throughout the entire fabric of religous life.
- Renewing the Earth, an Invitation to Reflection and Action on Environment in Light of Catholic Social Teaching - A pastoral statement of the United States Catholic Conference, November 14, 1991.