Books & Videos
Search Albert to find books, movies, etc..
- The immortal life of Henrietta Lacks / Rebecca Skloot. New York : Broadway, c2011 (Best Sellers) New York : Crown Publishers, c2010. (2nd Floor Stack and other locations, 616.0277 Sk45)
Henrietta Lacks and the HeLa Cells
- Abumrad, J., & Krulwich, R. (Hosts). (2010). Henrietta’s Tumor [radio segment]. In J. Abumrad (Producer), Radiolab. New York: WNYC.
- Salisbury, K. (2009, September 23). HeLa cells dividing over 27hrs cells round up grow hair then divide [YouTube].
- Cancer Cell Research [streaming video] : The Way of All Flesh / CTE (Carlton) Limited. New York, N.Y. : Films Media Group, , c1997
- Medical apartheid : the dark history of medical experimentation on Black Americans from colonial times. / Washington, Harriet A. New York : Doubleday, c2006. (Book Stacks: 2nd floor, 174.28 W273)
- Japan's wartime medical atrocities [ebook] : comparative inquiries in science, history, and ethics / edited by Jing-Bao Nie ... [et al.] London ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2010
- Contested medicine [ebook] : cancer research and the military / Gerald Kutcher. Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2009
- Examining Tuskegee [ebook] : the infamous syphilis study and its legacy / Susan M. Reverby. Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press, c2009
- Dark medicine [ebook] : rationalizing unethical medical research / edited by William R. LaFleur, Gernot Böhme, and Susumu Shimazono. Bloomington : Indiana University Press, c2007
- Unequal treatment : confronting racial and ethnic disparities in health care / Brian D. Smedley, Adrienne Y. Stith, and Alan R. Nelson, editors ; Washington, D.C. : National Academy Press, c2003 (2nd floor 362.1 Sm32) [Also ebook].
- Black and blue [ebook] : the origins and consequences of medical racism / John Hoberman. Berkeley : University of California Press, c2012
- Reproducing race : an ethnography of pregnancy as a site of racialization / Khiara M. Bridges. Berkeley : University of California Press, c2011. (2nd floor 362.1982 B764) [Also ebook].
- Uncertain suffering : racial health care disparities and sickle cell disease / Carolyn Moxley Rouse. Berkeley : University of California Press, c2009. (2nd floor 616.1527 R762) [Also ebook].
- Race, ethnicity, and health [ebook] : a public health reader / Thomas A. LaVeist, Lydia A. Isaac ; editors. San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, 2012, c2013.
- Dying in the city of the blues : sickle cell anemia and the politics of race and health / Keith Wailoo. Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press, 2001. (2nd floor 616.1527 W133)
- Health disparities in the United States : social class, race, ethnicity, and health / Donald A. Barr. Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press, 2008. (2nd floor 362.1 B270)
- Who owns you? : the corporate gold-rush to patent your genes / David Koepsell. Chichester, West Sussex, U.K. ; Malden, MA : Wiley-Blackwell, 2009. (2nd floor 346.0486 K819) [Also ebook].
- Body corporate [streaming video] : who owns your genes? New York, NY : Filmakers Library, 2011
- Property rights in blood, genes & data [ebook] : naturally yours? / Jasper A. Bovenberg. Leiden ; Boston : Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, c2006