Click on the blue headings below to explore resources librarians recommend for Kinesiology.
Books are a great way to get started with research. You can find print books, e-books, and videos by searching our online catalog for specific keywords:
Search Albert to find books, movies, etc..
You can also search the full-text of the over 80,000 e-books:
Reference books (encyclopedias and handbooks) are another great way to get started on a new topic. You can find all reference material by search Albert, and limiting to “Reference Sources” in the pull down menu. Listed below are a few helpful resources:
- Benefits of Exercise: The Evidence. (Ref 613.71 F367) New York: Manchester University Press, 1990.
- The Human Body Book: An Illustrated Guide to its Structure, Function, and Disorders. New York, N.Y. : Dorling Kindersley, 2009.
- The Oxford Dictionary of Sports Science and Medicine. New York: Oxford University Press, 2007.
- Routledge Handbook of Sports Development. (Ref 796.069 H815) New York: Routledge, 2011.
- Sports Science Handbook : The Essential Guide to Kinesiology, Sport and Exercise Science. 2 vol. (Ref 613.71 J418) Brentwood, Essex : Multi-Science, c2005.
- Understanding Fitness: How Exercise Fuels Health and Fights Disease. Westport, Conn. : Praeger, 2008.
- World of Sports Science. Detroit, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2007.
Discover articles and books from many of our databases.
Sports Management and Law
Search journals, magazines, or newspapers by title, ISSN, or abbreviation
Some select Kinesiology periodicals:
Sports Market Place - Lists addresses and other information for professional associations, sports leagues, equipment suppliers, promotion services, and media contacts of nearly 100 sports.
American College of Sports Medicine - Promotes and integrates scientific research, education, and practical applications of sports medicine and exercise science to maintain and enhance physical performance, fitness, health, and quality of life.
American Kinesiology Association (AKA) - Promotes and enhances kinesiology as a unifed field of study and advances its applications.