Books are a great way to get started with research. You can find all of print books, e-books, and videos by search our online catalog for specific keywords:
You can also search the full-text of the over 80,000 e-books:
Reference books (encyclopedias and handbooks) are another great way to get started on a new topic. You can find all reference material by search Albert, and limiting to “Reference Sources” in the pull down menu. Listed below are just a few helpful resources:
- Benefits of Exercise: The Evidence. (Ref 613.71 F367) New York: Manchester University Press, 1990.
- Understanding Fitness: How Exercise Fuels Health and Fights Disease. - Available from ebrary.
- Encyclopedia of Sports Science. 2 vol. (Ref 613.71 Z85) New York : Macmillan Library Reference USA, c1997.
- Routledge Handbook of Sports Development. (Ref 796.069 H815) New York: Routledge, 2011.
- Sports Science Handbook : The Essential Guide to Kinesiology, Sport and Exercise Science. 2 vol. (Ref 613.71 J418) Brentwood, Essex : Multi-Science, c2005.
Discover articles and books from all of our databases.
Sports Management and Law
Find periodicals by title, ISSN, or abbreviation
Browse the Periodicals List by subject:
Social Sciences - Recreation and Sports
Health Sciences - Sports Medicine
Saint Mary's College Library owns more than 200 periodicals in the various Kinesiology fields
Sports Market Place. (Ref 796.025 Sp67) Princeton: Sportsguide. Annual. Lists addresses and other information for professional associations, sports leagues, equipment suppliers, promotion services, and media contacts of nearly 100 sports.
American College of Sports Medicine - Promotes and integrates scientific research, education, and practical applications of sports medicine and exercise science to maintain and enhance physical performance, fitness, health, and quality of life.