You can find all print books, e-books, and videos by searching our online catalog Albert:
Search Albert to find books, movies, etc..
Credo Literati includes the Princeton Companion to Mathematics
Encyclopedias and Handbooks
Handbooks and Encyclopedias
Reference books (encyclopedias and handbooks) provide an overview of a topic and definitions of terms. You can find all reference material by searching Albert, and limiting to “Reference Sources” in the pull down menu. Listed below are a few examples:
- Princeton Companion to Mathematics. (Ref 510 G747p and online)
- Words of Mathematics: an Etymological Dictionary of Mathematical Terms Used in English.(ebrary eBook)
- Second handbook of research on mathematics teaching and learning : A project of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. (Ref 510.7 L567) 2 vols.
- CRC concise encyclopedia of mathematics (Ref 510.3 W438)
- Companion encyclopedia of the history and philosophy of the mathematical sciences (Ref 510.9 G773c) 2 vols.
- Encyclopedic dictionary of mathematics (Ref 510.3 It6) 4 vols.
- The VNR concise encyclopedia of mathematics (Ref 510.2 G282)
Discover articles and books from many of our databases.
The following databases are useful for finding articles in the Mathematics field.
Search journals, magazines, or newspapers by title, ISSN, or abbreviation
Some select Mathematics periodicals:
To find biographies for mathematicians, try the following resources:Complete Dictionary of Scientific Biography