Discover articles and books from many of our databases.
OR Click All Databases to search Biological Abstracts, Medline, and Science Citation Index
Article Publisher Databases
Reference Encyclopedia and Handbook Databases
Search journals, magazines, or newspapers by title, ISSN, or abbreviation
Nutrition Periodicals Reading Room
Browse a list of Diet and Clinical Nutrition periodicals in the Library Collection.
Search Albert to find books, movies, etc..
Encyclopedias and Links
- CRC desk reference for nutrition. (ebook) Boca Raton, FL : CRC/Taylor & Francis, 2011
- The Cambridge world history of food. (ebook) New York : Cambridge University Press, 2000 2 vols.
- Dietary guidelines for Americans, 2010. The US Department of Health Guidelines are updated every 5 years.
- Dietary reference intakes. USDA National Agricultural Library. Interactive tool. Also in print (Ref 641.1 Ot8).
- Encyclopedia of Human Nutrition. (Ref 641.103 Sa15) 3 vols. San Diego: Academic, 1999.
- Encyclopedia of Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements. (Ref 641.18 N227) New York, Facts on File, 2004.
- Nutritional ergogenic aids. (Ref 641.1 W834) Boca Raton : CRC Press, c2004.
- Nutrient Data Laboratory - Searchable database that allows you to find nutritive values for food. You can also look up specific topics, such as Vitamin K, Sugar, Oxalic Acid Content of Selected Vegetables, and more. From the United States Department of Agriculture.
- Nutrition.Gov - government information on food and human nutrition.
- Oxford Companion to Food. (Ref 641.03 D281) Oxford: Oxford University, 1999.
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Food and Drink in America. (ebook) Oxford: Oxford University, 2004.
Biology publications follow a few basic citation styles, all of which are described in the CSE manual below. If your instructor does not recommend following the style of a specific journal, use the CSE manual and choose one of the basic styles, which are based on APA, Chicago or NLM.
- Scientific style and format: the CSE manual for authors, editors, and publishers. (Ref 808.0665 C832) Reston, VA: Council of Science Editors in cooperation with the Rockefeller University Press, 2006.
- The Library's APA Style Guide provides a summary, or the 6th edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association is available in the Reference Room (Ref 150.149 Am35b). For tips, consult the APA Style Blog.
- The Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition) is available in the Reference Room (Ref 808.02 Un3e). You can also visit the Quick Guide from the Chicago Manual publishers.
- AMA manual of style : a guide for authors and editors. (American Medical Association). (Ref 808.0666 Am35) Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, c2007
- Citing medicine: the NLM style guide for authors, editors, and publishers [Internet]. 2nd ed. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2007