Discover articles and books from all of our databases.
Encyclopedia & Handbook Databases
Find periodicals by title, ISSN, or abbreviation
General Science Periodical Reading Room
Encyclopedias and Handbooks
- Van Nostrand's Scientific Encyclopedia. (Ref 503 V338a) 2 vols. New York: John Wiley, 2002.
- Timetables of science : a chronology of the most important people and events in the history of science . (Ref 509 H367). New York : Simon and Schuster, c1988
History of Science
- The Cambridge history of science. Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press [2003-2009]
- The Oxford companion to the history of modern science. Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2003
- Encyclopaedia of the history of science, technology, and medicine in non-western cultures (Ref 509 Se48). Boston: Kluwer Academic, c1997
- Medieval science, technology, and medicine : an encyclopedia (Ref 509.02 G490) New York: Routledge, 2005
- Science in the ancient world : an encyclopedia (Ref 509.3 L446) Santa Barbara: ABC-CLIO, c2004
Religion & Science
- The history of science and religion in the western tradition : an encyclopedia. (Ref 215 F395) New York : Garland Pub., 2000
- The Oxford handbook of religion and science. (Ref 215 C579). Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2008.
- Encyclopedia of science and religion. (Ref 215 V317) New York ; London : Macmillan Reference, c2003
Wolfram Alpha - Computational knowledge engine
Global Science Gateway - From DOE and the British Library, an international science portal.
Science.gov - ..."a gateway to authoritative selected science information provided by U.S. Government agencies, including research and development results." Over 1,000 annotated sites.
- National Center for Science and Engineering Statistics (NCSES). Categories include Education, Research & Development, Federal Government Expenditures, Salaries. Includes: Science and Engineering Indicators - Essays and history, statistics and legislative statements relating to science and technology.
- Women, Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities in Science and Engineering. data tables
- Department of Energy Data Explorer. Search engine to locate scientific research data - such as computer simulations, numeric data files, figures and plots, interactive maps, multimedia, and scientific imagesfrom the Department of Energy.
- VitalStats. Births, Deaths.
- US Energy Information Administration. Information & Statistics.
- See also, FedStats A-Z list of topics.
- OECD Science, Technology and Energy Indicators. Scan down to the freely available indicators.
Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. 6th ed. (APA) (Ref 150.149 Am35b) Washington DC: APA, 2010.
For Internet Resources, consult: APA style guide to electronic references. Publisher Washington, DC : American Psychological Association, c2012
The Library's summary is: APA Style Guide
Scientific style and format: the CSE manual for authors, editors, and publishers. (Ref 808.0665 C832) Reston, VA: Council of Science Editors in cooperation with the Rockefeller University Press, 2006. Details the several methods of citation used for biological and other sciences.