We represent a variety of professional backgrounds in the public and private sectors and we're experienced in adult and online education.
- Ph.D. Integral Studies, California Institute of Integral Studies, San Francisco, CA, May 2000
Integral Studies, with emphasis in Learning and Change in Human Systems.
- B.A. Liberal Arts, St. John's College, Annapolis, MD., June 1967
An undergraduate program based on the classic tutorial and seminar model, with the Great Books of the Western World as text.
- Instructor, Summer Institute for the Gifted (SIG) - UC Berkeley (July 2006 - 2006)
Taught introductory philosophy courses to middle- and high-school students; consumer awareness to elementary school students
- Co-Facilitator - Leadership for a Changing World (LCW) (2002 - 2003)
Facilitated co-operative inquiry group of LCW awardees/grassroots community leaders, as part of the NYU research component of a Ford Foundation project.
- Lecturer, Seminar, Mathematics [School of Extended Education] - Saint Mary's College of California, Moraga, CA. (2001 - 2007)
Instructor for Multicultural Thought seminar; Designed reader for and taught Mathematics course in the BA Completion and BA Law programs.
- Adjunct Faculty, Collegiate Seminar, Integral Program [School of Liberal Arts] - Saint Mary's College of California, Moraga, CA. (2000 - Present)
Instructor for undergraduate core curriculum seminars in the Great Books; Instructor for Euclid's Elements; Freshman cohort advisor; Designed and taught an intensive four-week course, "The Improvisational Context."
- Adjunct Faculty, Distance Ph.D. Program in Transformative Learning - California Institute of Integral Studies, S.F., CA. (1998 - 1999)
Taught research methodology for students in Integral Studies Doctoral (ISD) program; Helped students develop their research proposals; Designed and taught course in Indigenous and Traditional Worldviews for students in ISD program.
- Instructor, Bachelor of Arts Completion Program - California Institute of Integral Studies, S.F., CA. (1996 - 1996)
Taught mathematics for adult students in Bachelor of Arts Completion program.
- Poet/Teacher - California Poets in the Schools (CPITS) (1993 - 1996)
Teaching poetry in public schools, institutions and after-school programs, from Marin Juvenile Hall to Roosevelt Middle School to Lafayette Elementary School.
- Improvisation and Authority. Jordan, Lewis (paper)
Great Books Foundation and the University of Illinois, Chicago, IL.
Presented paper at Conference on The Idea of "the Great Books": Canon and Community, On and Off Campus
- Perfecting the Moment: A Cross-Disciplinary Look at Improvisation. Jordan, Lewis (panel or forum chair, moderator, or leader)
Developed and facilitated a performance/panel at Headlands Center for the Arts, Sausalito, CA.
- Improvisation, A Lesson in. Jordan, Lewis (other)
2nd Annual International Transformative Learning Conference
Facilitated a workshop at and participated in the organization of the 2nd Annual International Transformative Learning Conference, Dominican College, San Rafael, CA.
- Improvisation, A Lesson in. Jordan, Lewis (paper)
AERC African American Pre-Conference
Presented dissertation research at AERC African American Pre-Conference, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL.
- "Outside in Sight.". (1985)
Featured in film documentary on United Front, "Outside in Sight."
- "Living on Tokyo Time.". (1982)
Appearance and additional music for Steven Okazaki's "Living on Tokyo Time." Worked nationally and internationally with Mark Izu, Sachiko Nakamura, Cecil Taylor, devorah major, Jon Jang, Danny Glover, Genny Lim, Anthony Braxton and others
- Music-at-Large. Series. (1974)
Music-at-Large: a series dedicated to interdisciplinary and multicultural productions, with musicians, dancers, actors and poets.
- Solo: Alto, baritone saxophones; alto clarinet; poetic recitation. (2007)
- Suzan-Lori Parks' Venus. (2003)
Composed and performed music for production
- WordWind Chorus (poetry/music): words/text/poetry. (1989)
a chorus of voices and music delivering the meaning in poetry
- More Travels of a Zen Baptist (Jordan). we are of the saying (WordWind Chorus). (2003)
More Travels of a Zen Baptist (Jordan). we are of the saying (WordWind Chorus). Travels of a Zen Baptist (Izu-Jordan). Live in Berlin; Ohm: Unit of Resistance; Path with a Heart (United Front).
- Type O and Seven Steps to Go with SoundSeen. (1986)
Co-wrote and acted in