We represent a variety of professional backgrounds in the public and private sectors and we're experienced in adult and online education.
- Ph.D. Social Foundations of Education, The University of Maryland, May 2005
Dissertation: "Teacher Seeks Pupil-Must be Willing the Change the World: A Phenomenological Study of Faculty Teaching for Social Justice"
- M.Ed. Higher Education & Student Affairs Administration, The University of Vermont, May 1996
Culminating project explored the intersection of spiritual development and professional identity.
- B.A. English Literature, Loyola University Maryland, May 1990
Professional Licenses & Certifications:
- Stop the Hate Train-the-Trainer Development - Campus Pride (August 2011)
- Lasallian Leadership Institute - San Francisco District of the Christian Brothers (June 2009)
- Creating 4+1 Pathways to Graduate Study for First Generation Students. Pigza, Jennifer (primary presenter)
ACPA College Student Educators International
- Inquiry into Service Learning: From Learning Outcomes to Dissemination. Pigza, Jennifer and Donahue, David (invited)
Campus Compact Webinar Series
- Facilitation & Leadership Team. Pigza, Jennifer (invited, primary presenter)
Ignatian Solidarity Network Leadership Institute
- Student Leadership in Academic Service-Learning & CBR. Pigza, Jennifer (primary presenter)
Bonner Foundation Directors' Meeting
- Critical Reflection Toolbox: Enhancing Student Learning & Development. Pigza, Jennifer (invited, primary presenter)
Kansas Campus Compact Webinar Series
- Faculty Development for Personal & Social Responsibility: An Engaged Pedagogy Framework. Pigza, Jennifer, True, Mary and Anderson, Shawny (primary presenter)
Association of American Colleges & Universities
- Organizing Community-Based Research on Campus. Pigza, Jennifer (invited, panel or forum member)
National CBR Networking Initiative
- Teaching & Learning for Social Justice: A Model for Professional Development. Pigza, Jennifer (talk, speech or lecture)
National Association of Student Personnel Administrators
- Pigza, Jennifer and Welch, Marshall. January 2010. Spiritually Engaged Pedagogy: The Possibilities of Spiritual Development Through Social Justice Education, Spirituality in Higher Education, vol. 5, issue 5, Higher Education Research Institute University of California, Los Angeles
- Pigza, Jennifer. (2010). Developing Your Ability to Foster Student Learning & Development Through Reflection. In Jacoby, Barbara and Mutascio, Pamela(Eds.), Looking In, Reaching Out: A Reflective Guide for Service-Learning Practitioners (pp. 100-120). Boston, MA: Campus Compact.
- Pigza, Jennifer, & Beckman, Mary (Eds.). (2010). New Directions in Community-Based Research. Princeton, NJ: National Community-Based Research Networking Initiative
- Pigza, Jennifer. (2009). Teaching for Social Justice: Sustaining Theory in Practice. ACPA Developments, Vol. Fall 2009, 1-5.
- Pigza, Jennifer. (2005). Teacher Seeks Pupil: Must be Willing to Change the World -- A Phenomenological Study of Professors Teaching for Social Justice. College Park, MD: University of Maryland
- Pigza, Jennifer & Troppe, Marie. (2003). Developing an Infrastructure for Service-Learning & Community Engagement. In Jacoby, Barbara (Ed.), Building Partnerships for Service-Learning (pp. 106-130). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.