- Three poetry alumni are in the Fall 2013 issue of the Hidden City Quarterly: Sally Delehant (2009), Paul Ebenkamp (2009), and Meg Hurtado (2010). Check it out!
- Alumna Courtney Leigh Jameson (poetry, 2013) has some poems published on Cowboy Poetry Press, check it out!
- Erin McCabe's (fiction, 2010) first novel, I Shall Be Near to You, is making starred reviews on Booklist!
Her novel is also featured in the January issue of Glamour in a column titled, "3 Things I'm Loving This Month [that aren't TV]." The issue is out in stores now!
- Alumna Allison Landa (fiction, 2006) reads at the Hazel Reading Series this Sunday, December 15, 2014.
- Saint Mary's MFA alumna Mary Volmer (fiction, 2005) was recently published in the latest issue of Saint Mary's Magazine. Check it out!
- A huge pat on the back to our own Myha Do (fiction, 2010) for her winning of the Kore Press 2013 Short Fiction Award! Her winning short story "To Boil Water" is stated to contain "eerie wisdom" and can be found right here!
- Take a look at the recent work of St. Mary's Angela Hume (poetry, 2008), who published an essay concerning Myung Mi Kim's innovative poetry in the Omniverse Literary Journal.
- Alumna Rusty Morrison (poetry, 1999) has recently interviewed fellow author Keith Waldrop about his new book of poetry, The Not Forever for the online journal The Conversant. Check it out here!
- Read "Wall Lights" by Danielle Clark (fiction, 2011) in Issue 91 of Crack The Spine! Congratulations, Danielle!
- St. Mary's alumna Lisa Cattrone (poetry, 2001) recently had five of her poems published in the latest edition of Lemon Hound Magazine
- Well done alumna Alisa Heinzman (poetry, 2010), who recently helped translate a poem by Jacques Rebotier at jubilat.org, check it out here!
- Congratulations to our own Jenny Drai (poetry, 2006) for having some of her poems published in the latest issue of American Letters and Commentary.
- St. Mary's Sally Delehant (poetry, 2009) has a feature up on Poetry Society's In Their Own Words. Check it out.
- Alumnus Jeff Chon (creative nonfiction, 2013) just had his essay published in Barrelhouse Magazine. Well done Jeff!
- Alumna Allison Landa (fiction, 2006) just signed a book contract for her memoir, BEARDED LADY, which she started while a student at St. Mary’s. Pen-L Publishing will release BEARDED LADY in Spring 2014!
A huge congratulations, Allison!
- Saint Mary's own Lily Brown (poetry, 2007) has recently been published by Ugly Duckling Presse!
- Alumna Katrina Greco (poetry, 2012) has two of her poems entitled "Nixie" and "Donna" on S/tick
- Our own alumnus Jason Sattler (fiction, 2008) is now the Executive Editor at The National Memo.
- Saint Mary's alumna Gabrielle Myers (poetry, 2010) recently had her poem published in MadHat Lit!
- Alumna Jennifer (Chambliss) Bertman (fiction, 2001) sold her debut middle-grade mystery BOOK SCAVENGER to Christy Ottaviano Books in a pre-empt, three-book deal by Ammi-Joan Paquette of the Erin Murphy Literary Agency. Publication of the first book is scheduled for Fall 2015, to be followed by a sequel and a third stand-alone middle-grade mystery.
Stay tuned for more details!
- Alumnus Michael Gardner (creative nonfiction, 2005) celebrates the US release of his beautiful book, Axel Vervoordt: Living with Light! Purchase your copy now!
- Alumnae Gillian Hamel (poetry, 2011) and Jenny Drai (poetry, 2006) have poems featured in comma, poetry.
- Press day for Lily Brown's (poetry, 2007) The Haptic Cold!
- SMC MFA alums Robert Andrew Andres Perez Jr. (poetry, 2011) and Mary Paynter Sherwin (poetry, 2013) will represent at the Mixer 2.0: A San Francisco Bay Area Mfa/Phd Reading Series this Thursday, October 17th in SF!
- Alumna Erin Lindsay McCabe's (fiction, 2010) novel, I Shall Be Near To You, is forthcoming in January 2014 by Crown Publishing.
A huge congratulations to Erin! Purchase your advance copy now!
- Alumna Kristen Hanlon (poetry, 1998) is facilitating this wonderful Reading & Writing poetry workshop in Alameda, CA during the month of October and November.
- Jason Bayani (poetry, 2010) performs "Troubador."
- Sara Mumolo (poetry, 2009) reads at San Francisco State University's Writers on Writing Monday, October 23, 2013 at 7p.
- Alumna Rashaan Alexis Meneses (fiction, 2006) will be moderating the panel “Writing Our Way Home: Shaping Tradition, History and Culture” with Professor Lysley Tenorio at the Filipino American International Book Festival on Saturday, October 19, 2013. RSVP & more details!
- Check out this write up in the Golden Gate Xpress about our very own Sara Mumolo's (poetry, 2009) recent visit to the Poetry Center at SFSU!
- Alumnae Courtney Leigh Jameson (poetry, 2013) and KT Gutting (poetry, 2013) have launched White Stag Journal and are looking for submissions! Submit now!
- Alumnus Brett Fletcher Lauer (poetry, 2007) praises the classic hip-hop song, Proceed, by The Roots in Coldfront Magazine.
- Alumnus of the fiction program (2013) and current creative nonfiction student (2014), Yuska Lufti, is featured in Jkarta Java Kini.
- Read two of Vicki Hudson's (creative nonfiction, 2008) poems in Ditch.
- Jennifer Jean (poetry, 2001) book review about the essay anthology Still Here Thinking of You in The Mom Egg Journal.
- Alumna Jamie North (poetry, 2011) leads her monthly Experiential Poetry Workshop in Berkeley. The topic: Loss and Transformation.
Sunday, September 22nd in North Berkeley, 1:30 - 4:00pm
Come for a beautiful and relaxing afternoon of poetry, art, creativity, mindfulness and embodiment.
Contact Jamie North for more information or to RSVP.
- First Annual Wild About Writers Celebration organized by alumna, Charlotte Cook (fiction, 1997) at the Lindsay Wildlife Museum! Register for the November 2, 2013 intimate one-day conference focused on inspiration and craft now!
- Read Gabe Johnson's (poetry, 2013) poem, Rehabilitation, in Poecology.