- 2008 Creative Nonfiction graduate, Vicki Hudson, has been getting work done! Check out her list of forthcoming publications:
"War Cats" submitted for the women & war issue of Adanna Literary Magazine
"Dr. Dominatrix" in Bluestem Literary Magazine forthcoming in the Feb-March issue
Poem "Stone Upon my Heart" and short story "Captain Harper Says Goodbye" forthcoming in Bay Laurel Literary Magazine
CONGRATULATIONS on the success, Vicki!
- Check out Rusty Morrison's (poetry, '99) interview on Wordgathering, a journal of disability poetry.
- Robert Andrew Perez (poetry, '11) will be teaching a January term course in 2013: "Red, Flame, Crackle, Burning: An Incendiary Investigation of the Inters of Language and Visual Culture."
- Rebecca Eckland (creative nonfiction, '12) just had an article published by the US Master's Swimming Organization-- a nation-wide organization with 50,000 members of adult swimmers. Check out "A Runner's Guide to Swimming." Great work, Rebecca!
- Fiction graduate ('10) Rosa del Duca has just landed a prestigious San Francisco Writer's Grotto fellowship! During the 6-month fellowship Rosa will be working on her memoir based on her time in the National Guard, and her journey toward declaring herself a conscientious objector.
- Poetry graduate (2004), Kristen Sbrogna, is teaching JAN 181-Indigenous Ways of Knowing: Sustainability and Service in Palugo, Ecuador this January. Congratulations, Kristen!
- Alumnus, Mike Sikkema has new poems in The Cultural Society, along with a review of alumna, Sally Delehant's, book A Real Time of It. Check it out:http://www.culturalsociety.org/
- 2012 creative nonfiction graduate, Vanessa Stewart landed a Saint Mary's January term lectureship for 2013! She'll be teaching "Harry Potter's Literary Merit." Congratulations Vanessa!
- 2000 graduate in poetry, Gabriel Gomez has published his second book of poetry, The Seed Bank out on Mouthfeel Press.
Gabe's first book of poetry, The Outer Bands was published in 2007 by the University of Notre Dame Press and was the winner of the Andres Montoya Poetry Prize.
He was also recently appointed to serve on the Santa Fe Arts Commission.
What a list of great accomplishments! Congratulations on the success, Gabe!
- Mike Krumboltz (fiction, '12) is a regular contributor to Yahoo! News. Check out his is recent post titled, "Salvador Dali etching found at Goodwill store."
- Read 1997 fiction graduate, Joshua Braff's essay titled, On the Topic of GREATNESS in the Huffington Post.
- Here's another poet making news! Read Jennifer Drai's (poetry, '06) poem, from "Visitors, Cavaliers" in Ink Node!
- Bret Shepard (poetry, '06) is making news again! His poem, Living as Magnets, is in the latest issue of FIELD out of Oberlin College Press. Congrats, Bret!
- Alumna poet Denise Leto collaborates on the performance "Your Body Is Not a Shark"! Congratulations Denise!
- 2009 poetry graduate, Bret Shepard has two poems in ucity review. Check out Water Raining and Eco. Congrats Bret!
- Faculty member and MFA graduate Rashaan Alexis Meneses's (fiction, '06) work and talent have been recognized with two prestigious writing residencies, at the National Medal of Arts-winning MacDowell Arts Colony and at Hawthornden Castle in Scotland. Congrats!
- Please join PAWA (Philippine American Writers and Artists) as they present Lysley Tenorio, author of the critically acclaimed Monstress. Writer and educator Rashaan Alexis Meneses (fiction, '06) will moderate.
- 2006 poetry alum Michael Sikkema is making news!
Check out his book of poetry, Futuring out from Blaze Vox Publishing.
He also has two chapbooks out: Wander Room out from Grey Book Press and May Apple Deep out from Horse Less Press.
And he's collaborated on a chapbook with Jen Tynes in Black Warrior Review, called Autogeography.
Way to go, Michael!
- Valyntina Grenier (poetry, '08) recites her poetry in Arroyo Chico!
- Check out these new poems in tuxedoLIT from alumna, Jennifer Arcuni (poetry, '99)!
- Joshua Braff with the latest on baseball's post season and the election at Huffington Post.
- Kaya Oakes with expcerpts from Radical Reinvention online at The Nervous Breakdown.
- The Ventura County Star on our alumna, Teresa Bonham's new mystery, SPI: The Case of the Dark Shadow, for young adults
- Alumna, Angela Hume has poems up at Real Poetik from her chapbook The Middle, forthcoming from Omnidawn
- Poetry alumna Carrie Osborne is reading at Bica Coffeehouse in Oakland on Thursday, Oct. 12, at 7:30 p.m. as part of the Underpass Reading Series.
- Poetry alum Denise Leto ('99) is making news again! Cid Pearlman/Performance Projects are proud to announce the world premiere of Your Body Is Not a Shark, a performance piece encompassing dance, live music, and sound collage. Text by Denise Leto. Check out the performance scheduled in January 2013!
- Rosa del Duca (fiction, '10) and her bandmate just released a debut EP, White Lies! Listen to White Lies. White Lies is forthcoming on iTunes. Stay tuned to hear about Rosa's upcoming gigs. Congrats, Rosa!
- Alumna Janet W. Hardy has published a new memoir: "Girlfag: A Life Told in Sex and Musicals."
Celebrate the publication on Saturday, October 20 at Wicked Grounds in SF, where Janet will answer questions, sign copies, and discuss the emerging sexual orientations of "girlfag" and "guydyke." Congratulations, Janet!
- Alumnus, A.E. Watkins (poetry, '07) has a poem featured on Verse Daily today Thursday, October 4, 2012.
- Michael Gardner (nonfiction, 2005) has published a cook book, At Home with May and Axel Vervoodt: Recipes for Every Season. It is available on Amazon, check it out!
- In addition to having a panel accepted for AWP 2013 titled "Lessons from the Field: Poetry Festivals and Community Building," Jennifer Jean (poetry, '01) has had several publications over the past year including:
Her third chapbook, The Archivist, with Big Table Publishing in November 2011
Mass Poetry: article “Eco Poetry: Poems on Purpose (an exploration). July 2012.
Plath Profiles: a Journal for Sylvia Plath Studies: poem “Her Children.” June 2012.
Lyre Lyre: audio poem “The Air” in April 2012
Soul-Lit: poems “Creation Story,” “Beginning of the Fall, part 1,” and “Beginning of the Fall, part 2.” March 2012.
The Joy Ride; poem “Matins” in October 2011.
Tidal Basin Review; poems “Passing Time” and “The Prisoner.”
Poets/Artists; poem “Getting to Know You,” July 2011.
VOX MOM; article “Literary Citizenship” includes poem “Trust.” March 2011
Way to go, Jennifer Jean! You're an inspiration!
- Alumni Rebecca Farivar (new poems), Angela Hume (book review), and Sara Mumolo (poem-film are pubilshed in this month's issue of the The Volta.
- Angela Hume (poetry, '08) wins the 2012 Omnidawn Chapbook Contest for her manuscript, The Middle, selected by Joseph Lease. Congrats Angie!
- Gabrielle Myers (poetry, '10) has co-authored The New Prostate Cancer Nutrition Book. Congratulations Gabrielle!
- Denise Leto (poetry, '99) will read and discuss her poetry at the Poetry Center at SFSU on Thursday, September 27 at 4:30p.
- Lindsey Thordarson's (fiction, '11) short story, "What Will Do", was published in the Spring 2012 issue of Zyzzyva (Issue No. 94).
Check out her reading at the The Booksmith to celebrate the release of the issue.
- Just Kibbe's gallery exhibition "POTENT PLAY: Provoking An Adventurous Spirit" will open on November 24, 2012 and run through December 8, 2012.
Scenic Drive Gallery 125 W. Scenic Drive, Monrovia CA 91016