See below for a list of supporting faculty members within the Modern Languages Department.
- Renaissance modes of artistic expression
The connection of medieval and early Renaissance modes of artistic expression as political propaganda in the Italian Signorie of the 1450's, specifically that of Sigismondo Malatesta of Rimini.
- Printing Press and 16th Century Intellectuals
The implications of the printing press revolution on the social role of 16th century intellectuals.
- 16th century love dialogues and paintings
The figure of the procuress in 16th century love dialogues and paintings.
- Renaissance medals
- Pregnancy and Childbirth in the Middle Ages
Social and historical conditions surrounding pregnancy and childbirth in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance and the linguistic and artistic symbolism used to represent them.
Chivalry and the figure of the knight: his life, woes and loves.
- Medieval and Renaissance Fashion
Fashion as social representation of class and economic standing. Relationship between fashion and morals.