The Center for Engaged Religious Pluralism is taking the lead in the development of Interfaith Leadership programs at SMC.
The Center coordinated with SMC academic units to develop an interdisciplinary undergraduate minor in Interfaith Leadership, for which SMC received an Interfaith Youth Core-Teagle Foundation pass-through grant. The Interfaith Leadership Minor launches Fall 2015. More information can be found here:
Work is also in progress with SMC’s Leadership Studies Programs to develop a graduate leadership program concentration and certificate program in Interfaith Leadership for the Professions. We are currently seeking funding for this project. If you are interested in our work, please contact Director, Barbara A. McGraw at [email protected].
- To prepare more ethical and effective leaders by joining interfaith understanding and leadership theory with inclusive practice.
- To increase critical appreciation and empathic concern across religious differences.
- To encourage appreciation of the world’s religions as resources for wise leadership.
- To address specific interfaith leadership challenges and opportunities in various settings.
- To develop leaders’ ability to promote religiously inclusive policies and practices.